• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] FDF File

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys

I have question :)

You know FDF?, you can find it in war3, war3x, war3local and also war3Patch

Im searching how to edit the FDF Files,
Cuz i wanna edit some Strings in-game

If you use NOTEPAD, or WORDPAD, you can see all STRINGS in Warcraft III

Im wanna change WARCRAFT 3 TIPS into SHOCKWAVE WAR TIPS

If you set the path for ex
UI\Glue\GlobalStrings.fdf
-.- nevermind that if im wrong path or not

If you do that, does not work

So.. can you help me something for this?

Level 12
Importing .fdf files to your map is of useless as wc3 doesnt care for them when in a map.

What you need is the war3mapSkin.txt file right in the maps base folder.

For example, here is DotAs current one:

Code:
[FrameDef]
BONUS_ATTACK_SPEED=-Each point increases attack speed by 1% |n
BONUS_DAMAGE=-Each point increases damage by 1
BONUS_HPREGEN=-Each point increases hit point regen |n
BONUS_HITPOINTS=-Each point increases hit points by %d
BONUS_MANA=-Each point increases mana by %d
BONUS_MANAREGEN=-Each point increases mana regen |n
BONUS_DEFENSE=-Every %d points increase armor by %d
BONUS_DEFENSE_FIXED=-Every %d points increase armor by 1
KEY_QUESTS=Map Info (|Cfffed312F9|R)
QUESTS=Map Info
UPKEEP_NONE=v6.80c
RESOURCE_UBERTIP_UPKEEP=If you find any bugs or have any questions or comments send me an email at |[email protected]|r
RESOURCE_UBERTIP_GOLD=Gold is given as a reward for killing enemy units and heroes. Gold is also granted periodically.
RESOURCE_UBERTIP_LUMBER=
DAMAGETIP_CHAOS=Chaos attacks do 40% damage to Fortified Armor.
RESOURCES_COLUMN0=Gold
COLON_GOLD_INCOME_RATE=Latest Version: www.getdota.com|c22222222
RESOURCE_UBERTIP_UPKEEP_INFO=. |n|nOfficial Site: |c000042ffwww.PlayDotA.com|r
COLON_FOOD_MAX=
COLON_FOOD_PROVIDED=
COLON_FOOD_USED=
COLON_FOOD=Seconds:
RESOURCES_COLUMN1=
COLON_LUMBER_INCOME_RATE=
LUMBER=
COLON_LUMBER=Minutes:
RESOURCE_UBERTIP_SUPPLY=
IDLE_PEON=Idle Courier (|Cfffed312F8|R)
QUESTSMAIN=
QUESTSOPTIONAL=
[Errors]
Needemptytree=That tree already has eyes.
Nolumber=You do not need a recipe for this item. Buy the components listed in the recipe instead.
Alreadydoomed=Cannot target this unit until after the item-silence effect is removed.
[CustomSkin]
DefaultButton=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBansheeMaster.blp
NoLumberSound=InterfaceError
SupplyIcon=ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI\LocationBrush00.blp
LumberIcon=UI\Widgets\BattleNet\bnet-tournament-clock
IdlePeon=ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNGargoyle.blp
CommandButtonCooldown=Interface\CoolDown UI.mdx

Level 14
Oh, well, interestingly enough this thread was just opened as I was looking for a solution of how to change the Upkeep tab to an additional, 4th resource tab (mind that I'm not talking about the FOOD tab, but the actual tab that indicates the upkeep level).

You say that importing those files in your map doesn't change a dime, what about in the mpq?

Level 19
Those war3mapSkin, TipStrings, HelpString or etc

already changed in my map

But i confuse some parts of my map

i wanna change it :/

maybe i forget that

what do you want to change

Oh, well, interestingly enough this thread was just opened as I was looking for a solution of how to change the Upkeep tab to an additional, 4th resource tab (mind that I'm not talking about the FOOD tab, but the actual tab that indicates the upkeep level).

You say that importing those files in your map doesn't change a dime, what about in the mpq?

I think the upkeep levels are hardcoded and the tooltip is dynamic not static. (hypothetical, would be what I would do if i was the developer, haven't seen a map without them removed.)

Level 12

If imported to the correct mpq, you can ofc change the .fdf files.
@Arhowk
In Tips Button, you can see the title WARCRAFT III TIPS
so i want to change that into SHOCKWAVE WAR TIPS
Code:
[FrameDef]
WARCRAFT_III_TIPS=xxxxxx

Just like that. If you already got the [FrameDef] tag in your file, just put your entry somewhere below this tag.

Level 23
I think the upkeep levels are hardcoded and the tooltip is dynamic not static. (hypothetical, would be what I would do if i was the developer, haven't seen a map without them removed.)

check gameplay constants, you can change the levels of upkeep, and in the other tab(I forgot how its called, basically you change there all the things like icon next to gold amount and stuff) you can change the text up there. You cant do it while game is running as far as I know, but you can change it to something like The Azeroth Wars has, it doesnt show "No Upkeep" but instead it says v1.88a for instance.

Correct me if I misunderstood you

Level 14
check gameplay constants, you can change the levels of upkeep, and in the other tab(I forgot how its called, basically you change there all the things like icon next to gold amount and stuff) you can change the text up there. You cant do it while game is running as far as I know, but you can change it to something like The Azeroth Wars has, it doesnt show "No Upkeep" but instead it says v1.88a for instance.

You are correct, but I need it to take a numeric value, just like Gold and Food do.

Level 19

I was referring to the generation of the upkeep tooltip, meaning u can't remove the income levels or change the number thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.