• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fawarding spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm trying to make a spell that move the caster froward facing his position like if he is facing 90 degrees he will move 90 degrees froward when the spell is activated.Can somebody help me with this?

Level 14
Nobody deserves 0 replies....

So you use the term degrees twice. Do you mean he moves in the direction he is facing a certain distance. Also, do you mean he continuously moves while the spell is active, or the movement only happens once.

~Asomatg

Level 4
I really appreciate the fact that you replied i think this is a tough request and i meant " moves in the direction he is facing a certain distance" and "the movement only happens once " hope you can help me out.

Level 4
Ok its rather smooth it could be compared moving a unit by right clicking a point on the map and if you can you give him a magic shield buff or any kind of buffs that make him immune to spells while moving it wold save me a some trouble :D

Level 4
Oh and sorry for my spelling mistakes i usually modify what i right and leave or forget to put prepositions in the right places :D

Level 14
Alright Confirmation.

-The unit uses the ability.

-The unit moves smoothly in the direction it is facing for a certain distance pre-set by the map maker.

-The unit is immune to magic while moving.

-(Question) The player cannot use the unit while it is moving.

Oh, and is only one unit going to be using this ability at once, or are there multiple units going to be using this at the same time. After that is all cleared up, we should be good to go.

~Asomath

Level 20
- Unit use spell

- Spell used equal to SPELL

- Add DEVOTION AURA to triggering unit (this devotion aura has 0 aoe and target type self)
- Wait 2 seconds
- Remove DEVOTION AURA from triggering unit

---------- ---------- ----------

- Every 0.02 seconds

-

- Pick all units in playable map area matching boolean has specific buff equal to DEVOTION AURA
- - Set POINT1 = position of picked unit
- - Set POINT2 = POINT1 with polar offset 10 facing picked unit facing angle
- - Move picked unit istantly to POINT2
- - destroy leaks

Level 4
ok so player cannot use the caster while the spell is activated and being used, oh and it shouldn't unselecte the caster and there will be multiple units using it in the same time.

Level 4
:| what are you guys taking about geez kinda disappointing the way some people think here naruto=noob+needy if a man reads a book that doesn't make him smart nor dose reading naruto (manga cuz thats what i have been doing lately) make him a "noob".

Level 8
Off topic...people...I know you really want to discuss some stuff but please post posts directly related to the thread and don't spam the thread with garbage...also you where also a noob once...so treat people that want to learn with respect...nothing personal towards you...

About Super-sheep's spell...It would work yes....but I would not suggest you use it...mainly because it will cause your entire map to lag like hell...because he is picking all the units in the map every 0.02 seconds...

another reason is Unit Groups leak even if they are destroyed (reason why CS_Safety now has a unit group stack)...correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reason why you don't create and destroy groups on such a large scale.....

If you want to... I'll write the spell in Jass for you...but I will only be able to do that next weekend...since I have tons of tests this week....

Off topic...people...I know you really want to discuss some stuff but please post posts directly related to the thread and don't spam the thread with garbage...also you where also a noob once...so treat people that want to learn with respect...nothing personal towards you...
I was never a noob at warcraft modding, since I knew all of the basic principles right from when I started it due to already having known c++ and python (and being rather intelligent, if I do say so myself :p).
About Super-sheep's spell...It would work yes....but I would not suggest you use it...mainly because it will cause your entire map to lag like hell...because he is picking all the units in the map every 0.02 seconds...
It won't lag like hell if there's only this spell and maybe a couple of others running every 0.02 seconds, but yeah, it is kind of inefficient.

another reason is Unit Groups leak even if they are destroyed (reason why CS_Safety now has a unit group stack)...correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure there is a reason why you don't create and destroy groups on such a large scale.....
They only leak a little bit if ForGroup has been called on them, but yeah, this trigger does use ForGroup, so it will leak a bit... but not much at all.

Level 20
- Unit use spell

- Spell used equal to SPELL

- Add DEVOTION AURA to triggering unit (this devotion aura has 0 aoe and target type self)
- Wait 2 seconds
- Remove DEVOTION AURA from triggering unit

---------- ---------- ----------

- Every 0.02 seconds

-

- Pick all units in playable map area matching boolean has specific buff equal to DEVOTION AURA
- - Set POINT1 = position of picked unit
- - Set POINT2 = POINT1 with polar offset 10 facing picked unit facing angle
- - Move picked unit istantly to POINT2
- - destroy leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.