• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

<Fast Help>Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys i am working on project with spaceships

1. I have tons of ripped models that I am converting to Mdx, I am noob at Animations.

I need Death animation: Dissapear Model , because the model after death stays in map.

Help.png

I am working in Milkshape , i was surfing to animation tutorials but it doesn t work because bones are explained to person. I have an Spaceship . How to make Death Disappear animation?

2. How to make stand animations. I want the same animation like this model
Vengeance

also i would like to add Flames to engines of ship , How?

I think It would be easy to make . But I have no idea.

I am working in Milkshape

Level 20
You can make a basic death-disappear animation just with War3 Model Editor.

Go to Windows > Sequence Manager.
Right click anywhere > Create New
Name it "Death", input an interval (make sure that this interval isn't used by any other animations first). For instance, a 0 to 1000 interval will create a 1 second-long animation. Also, tick Non looping.
Then, go to Windows > Geoset Animation Manager.
Right click anywhere > Create New
Now, you have to create a geoset animation for each geoset your model has. In the Geoset ID box, select 1 geoset. Tick Animated under Alpha, and then hit the Alpha button.
Here's the tricky part. You now need to specify when your geoset appears or not.

For instance, if the interval of your Death animation is from 0 to 1000, you can input this:

0: 1
500: 0

This means that the geoset will be visible at the beginning of the animation (1=visibility), and will disappear at frame number 500 (0=disappear), which is 0.5sec after the beginning of the animation. Of course, you have to tweak numbers depending on what you want and what you put in your Death animation. Also, you have to do this for every geoset of your model, but you can copy/paste the numbers.

Making stand animation would need a bit more work and I have no experience in Milkshape whatsoever.

You can add flames by creating particle emitters in the Model Editor, I guess there are tutorials about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.