• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fall Grass/leaves Tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could help me make some tiles for my map/campaign.

While the Skins section has several nice grass/dirt tiles, I haven't been able to find anything in the red/orange scope of grass, to go with autum/fall terrain.
(And the basic ones in Warcraft 3 aren't too lovely).

Here's a picture from my map. As you can see, the tile variation is sort of dull (though I'm happy with the trees).
Udklip.PNG

I tried recolouring the Ashenvale Leaves to a more orange'y saturation... But it didn't come out too well.
Just 1 or 2 tiles would be awesome!

Pictures for inspiration/idea of what I want:
Autumn leaves
Autumn grass/trees

Thanks in advance (or thanks for taking the time to read this, in any case)

Level 5
What about your attempt made it not work well? Recolors should be workable.
It technically worked, but it was ugly. I couldn't get the right balance, so it looked dreadfully unnatural.

And I'm not skilled enough with photo editing to colour it properly; I just changed saturation of the whole thing... and it didn't turn out well.

Besides; I'm not sure I even know how to work the software properly. Tiles have all kinds of different areas and borders that need to be distinct, else they'll look wierd when they overlap with other tiles in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.