• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fairly easy Model request -- Doughnut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture of a donut: (Like you don't already know..)
krispy_kreme_glazed_closeup.jpg

donut.jpg

I just want a typical glazed donut model with a floating animation for my cinematic project. If your feeling nice or have time, I could use more variations. I will +rep.

More variations I could use:
  1. Basic donut. (DONE; Needs fixing)
  2. Donut with a bite taken out of it.
  3. A stack of donuts. (DONE)
  4. A donut missile.
  5. If you REALLY have time, You could make versions with different skins as well.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 5
a donut? impossible!
well honestly i don't know much about modeling but since wc3 models usually tend to be very low poly, it might not look much like a donut. I don't THINK it would be that hard to make, u just make cylinders connect and turn into the shape of a circle and get a yummy glazed texture on that...mmm.

a donut? impossible!
well honestly i don't know much about modeling but since wc3 models usually tend to be very low poly, it might not look much like a donut. I don't THINK it would be that hard to make, u just make cylinders connect and turn into the shape of a circle and get a yummy glazed texture on that...mmm.
As its a cinematic, the filesize doesn't matter, as long as there isn't so many polies it crashes the game.

And if you know how to make it, I would appreciate it if you did do it for me. :)

Level 10
Its really simple to make, I could do it in less than 2 mins if the mapping holds, dunno why no-one else has, maybe it got overlooked...? Can't animate it tho

Will edit when I'm done

EDIT: Done

EDIT EDIT: That makes 2 doughnuts :)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Pile of Doughnuts!

Attachments

• doughnut.MDX
    18.3 KB · Views: 56
  • doughnut.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 84
  • doughnutstack.MDX
    86.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
mario_64, yours is too small, lol. It doesn't matter since I can scale it up though. If you could make a stack version of yours that would be cool too. All in all, Im glad you made a pink with sprinkles version, but the skin sucks one enlarged to a reasonable donut size.. :(

@madcd: Yours are great, but attached picture shows a bug.

Oh, and I don't really need animations at all, so thats fine.

If you guys fix the things I mentioned, then ill +rep you. If you feel like doing more variations out of the list I would love it.

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 174
Level 10
Must've screwed the geo... oh well I'll fix that in like 10seconds ^^

EDIT: Fixed!

Edit, to make additional skins for mine, just find any doughnut from a top down view. The only consideration is its repeated top and bottom.

Attachments

• doughnut.MDX
    13.8 KB · Views: 57
  • doughnutstack.MDX
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.