• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

F-16 and Mig-31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been looking to update the models used in WWZ with more accurate ones for quite some time and I have found that these models simply don't exist. Is anyone willing to make them?

If you are please do not put any team color areas on the skin of the models, just the standard army paintjob.

Also please don't send me links to the RA2 mod that had the Mig-25 model, and links to the F-22 model. I'm already using both. I really am looking for the F-16 and Mig-31.

Mig-31

mig-31a.jpg

mig-31-foxhd_p3.jpg

ru_monino_aircraft_mig31_01.jpg

http://www.fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/airdef/mig-31.htm

F-16

f-16c-19990601-f-0073c-007.jpg

f-16c-flare-19990609-f-2171a-001.jpg

f-16-990780a.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/f-16.htm

Level 5
How you are gonna implement the plane system?

This is an ongoing map that has been hosted on b.net for quite a while. The plane system works like this:
Currently 6 aircraft:
Mig-29 Fulcrum - 10 mana, one spell costs 5 mana 700 range fires a 100 dmg missile that stuns air and ground
Mig-31 Foxhound - 8 mana, 30% evasion, 2 spells (allowing for faster attack) 2000 range 100 dmg missile that only strikes air
F-16 - 10 mana, fires a flame strike spell that costs 2 mana (fairly decent against undead, but destroys tanks very well)
F/A-22 Raptor - 8 mana, 2 spells 2 mana cost each, fires one 100 dmg missile that stuns air or ground
AWACS - provides 1800 LoS and has a farsight spell
CH-47 Chinook - transport aircraft

Also part of the air combat system are two types of AA vehicles:

ZSU-23-4M Shilka - has a weak AA gun attack and fires 700 range AA missiles at 2 mana each, 4 mana total.
S-400 - Fires 2000 range AA missiles. Has 12 mana, each missile costs 2 mana.

And several other units:

Rocket Launcher Trooper - is a infantry unit that can ambush air fairly well.
Frigate - a light naval vehicle that can target air.
Battleship - is a spell casting ship that can cast missiles that can hit air. Also it's immolation hits air. it has farsight, and 1800 LoS like the AWACS.
Aircraft Carrier - can recharge aircraft mana, has a weak attack of it's own that hits both air and ground.
Air Base - builds airplanes and recharges plane mana.

EDIT: All spells require manual targetting (micro them, it really does help). And Kofi thank you for offering to do the Mig-31. It will be appreciated.

Level 6
the F-22 Raptor A.K.A in your case F/a-22 is the fasted jet in the air. I heard it can outrun a Mach-5 Missile. so. shouldn't it be the fastest?

I still don't know how to spell that "Mach" part in Mach-5 ... What a shame...

Level 5
Thank you. Looks wonderful. Also kofi a quick question, would you be willing to fix up and skin a Mig-29 model that I have? I didn't make it, I downloaded it in .wrl format, and someone on these forums helped me convert it. I attached it to the post. Anyone else who think they can do it is also welcome to. All help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Mig29.mdx
    51 KB · Views: 87
Level 20
Very usefull , i will make Mig 29 basing on this. Here is WIP , dont look at the texture. Both migs should be done by this week. Whole mesh was remade.

Are there more models on those forums :p?

Attachments

• mig-29 sWip.jpg
    mig-29 sWip.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Level 5
This model didn't come from a forum. It came from a military website that described many different weapons. I can check if they have more models there. Someone on hiveworkshop helped me convert it from .wrl format simply by opening it in Max and then saving as .mdx

And actually the skin looks nice too. Just please don't put any team colors on the final versions. Waiting with impatience :p

EDIT: Here's the F-16 model done by the same guy

http://cielab3.me.cmu.edu/~soji/aircraft/f16.wrl

And a link to his aircraft models page.

http://cielab3.me.cmu.edu/~soji/aircraft/aircrafte.html

Last edited:
Level 9
i could use some of those models too in my WW3 map, and there's a new plane in developement, well technically a prototype finishes, called the F-35c which is better then the F/A-22 Raptor

edit: oh and if you need an AMMO SYSTEM for you planes, lemme know. i think how you make them have spells, is kinda hard to use in big wars, and only like 2-4 missiles? well, lemme know. i can make it easier and better

Last edited:
Level 5
Bump. Oh and also Kofi the BTR-80 model is gone from the models section. If you don't mind I'd like to upload it to the WWZ forum at pollama, so that people can still have access to it.

I'll try to convince MrApples to add a models section to the site, so that potentially lots of models that don't get accepted else-where could be available there.

Level 5
Of course, of course.

EDIT: Oh and aprox. when can we expect the two migs to be done? I'm just wondering whether I should wait to release the next version to get the models into it, or go ahead and work on it without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.