• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extraction of the "Old Hatreds" and "A Blaze of Glory" acts' maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I wish you a good day, again!

Please, does anyone know what can be the problem in my case?

In relation to my search (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/helm-of-battlethirst-location.286267/) for the "Helm of Battlethirst" item, I am trying to extract the "Old Hatreds" and "A Blaze of Glory" acts' maps, but as I am opening the .mpg (I think that these should be located in "War3Patch.mpq", the Ladik's MPQ Editor only reveals to me all the files except the maps. I was also searching for these maps in the other .mpq files ("War3x.mpq" and "War3xlocal.mpq"), but these maps are not located there (in "War3x.mpq" are only maps from the "To Tame a Land" act).

Any help will be very much appreciated.

I am looking forward to your kind replies.

Last edited:
Level 5
They are in War3Patch/Maps/FrozenThrone/Campaign

I thank you for your reply. I have thought so, however, as I have written, once I open "War3Patch.mpq", only .blp, .mdx, .wav and .xxx files are shown to me. There is no "maps" and any other folder within, only these files.

Last edited:
Level 5
Use Magos' Model Editor. It has a built-in MPQ browser that can extract any file from the MPQ. It's under Windows > MPQ Browser.

It is working. I thank you very much for your decent approach and help, NhazUl.

The matter is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.