• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Extracted file from warcraft viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
i extracted file that i wanted to skin from warcraft viewer to an TGA file open it in hotoshop and when i see it in photoshop it looks like this look picture.
And then i painted sumthing and where going to look if its working.

And then re open it in warcraft viewer convert to an blp file.

And when i try the skin in game it doesent work :S

changed the blp file: the skin from Units\Creeps\Beastmaster\Beastmaster.mdl to

Units\Creeps\Beastmaster\Beastmaster.blp

re open world editor and the skin isent there ? o:

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 18
Yes. Because the path is "Textures\BeastMaster.blp".

You can find the path by following the treeview when you export the skin with the Viewer.

And save it as "BeastMaster.blp", not "Beastmaster", otherwise the game will not recognize it.

EDIT: Do NOT double post. You can bump a thread after 24 hours.

Level 7
Still not working...
i did this imported the skin.
and i change the skin path to this 2 no one works...
Tryed bouth
Units\Creeps\Beastmaster\BeastMaster.blp
and Also Textures\BeastMaster.blp

Level 7
what is alpha channel....
And the real name of the skin is BeastMaster2 and i tryed that aswell.
i mean i wright Textures\BeastMaster2.blp on the imported file :) not working
Here is the skin :)

Attachments

• BeastMaster2.blp
    67.6 KB · Views: 80
Level 18
NO.

The filename must be EXACT THE SAME as the original skin so it can be overwritten.

The Alpha channel is a channel added in photoshop in order to make the texture visible ingame. (It depends on other stuff though, but I will not explain it now.) When converting a texture with no alpha channel using the Viewer, it should ask you to add it and you must say yes. If it does not, the texture already has an alpha channel.

Level 7
So the Texture for my skin should be Textures\BeastMaster.blp
I mean when i rename my skin. I should rename it as the texture as the model have like in this case i shold rename BeastMaster2.blp to Textures\BeastMaster.blp and it should work?

Level 18
I see you've got it. But. In order to make the others better understand you, you must know, that

the TEXTURE itself is BeastMaster.blp

the PATH for it is Textures\BeastMaster.blp.

EDIT: Well, texture named "BeastMaster2.blp" would do nothing, simply becuse the Beastmaster model does not use it. It will say: "WTF is this texture doing here, I use only BeastMaster.blp!"

Level 7
but still when i change the skin doesent shown up in WE mybe it doesent shown up?

I be Quiet ITS WORKINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur best Nazhul give me ur msn ffs :p if i need to ask sum dummy questions huhu haha LOL dont shot me :p

Level 4
EDIT: Well, texture named "BeastMaster2.blp" would do nothing, simply becuse the Beastmaster model does not use it. It will say: "WTF is this texture doing here, I use only BeastMaster.blp!"

That´s not true. It doesn´t matter how the texture is named as long as the path is correctly written.

Status
Not open for further replies.