• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

exporting with Gmax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Could someone tell me how to export modles with gmax, so that I can use them with wc3? Iv looked around a lot but i cant find it o_O.

Level 5
lol thanks a lot

Btw, whoever did it, i really love the snow <3

Edit: It works except i cant figure out how to export things.... the three export buttons arent working for me:

1) Export to file - obvous enough. Unfortunatlly when i use it it says "Gmax users must use Write to memory or Print to Listener to export files"

2) Write to memory - When i try this option, an alert pops up saying "this feature is not yet implemented"

3) Print to Listener - This one works, but i cant tell what its doing......model still isent exported :<

Last edited:
3) Print to Listener - This one works, but i cant tell what its doing......model still isent exported :<

it works like copy and paste. there is notepad-like windows open that is called listener. Copy everithing from there and create "new text document" then paste everithing here and save. change extension to mdl and convert it to mdx. Here you go!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.