• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[HD/Modeling] Export model into MDL and duplicate it next to each other to one model with rotation animations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Hi,
sadly I got issues exporting this wonderful model into MDL with the Blender plugin: Turnstile from "TENET" - Download Free 3D model by rand0m.blend
I used the Blender plugin and got this error: Issue with Blender 3.4.1 · Issue #18 · khalv/mdl-exporter
Maybe my Blender version is the wrong one.
I want to use two of these models next to each other to create a Turnstile from the movie Tenet.
Here you can see how the model should work with an animation (not my video):
This means that when a unit enters the left or right one, the left one rotates to the right and the right one rotates to the left and both rotate back.
The animations are missing from the model which means I would have to add them :(

At the moment I used two buildings with a really bad custom model I made myself and a trigger which plays the animations manually:

• Actions
    • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
    • Animation - Play Red Turnstile Entry 0016 <gen>'s Spell Third animation
    • Animation - Play Blue Turnstile Entry 0018 <gen>'s Spell First animation
    • Wait 1.97 game-time seconds
    • Animation - Play Red Turnstile Entry 0016 <gen>'s Stand Alternate Second animation
    • Animation - Play Blue Turnstile Entry 0018 <gen>'s Stand Alternate First animation
    • Wait 2.30 game-time seconds
    • Animation - Play Red Turnstile Entry 0016 <gen>'s Spell Fourth animation
    • Animation - Play Blue Turnstile Entry 0018 <gen>'s Spell Second animation
    • Wait 1.97 game-time seconds
    • Animation - Play Red Turnstile Entry 0016 <gen>'s Stand animation
    • Animation - Play Blue Turnstile Entry 0018 <gen>'s Stand animation
    • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
It would be cooler to have the two buildings in one single model from the model I posted and to have only 1 or maybe 2 animations where the both entries turn to each other and back again. My own model has some part with a team color since I placed two buildings next to each other and the left one is blue and the right one is red just to indicate the effect of each entry. I guess I could add some marker before the two entries instead but some red and blue markers would also help.

I have attached my own shitty model TurnstileMachine.mdl with its external texture TurnstileMachine.blp as reference.
I have also attached the external new model in the blend format but it can be downloaded from the website in different formats. The file turnstile.mdl was my attempt to export it with the Blender plugin but you can see that it stopped exporting at some point.

Maybe someone can help me to at least export the external model maybe even add the rotation animations?

edit:
I just noticed opening the model in Blender it already has a rotation animation, so even better.

Attachments

• TurnstileMachine.blp
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
  • TurnstileMachine.mdl
    522.9 KB · Views: 2
  • turnstile.blend
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • turnstile.mdl
    220.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.