• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expert Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm making a hero skill called Meditation. It will be Turn on/Turn off kind of skill so I'm using immolation as template.

What it will do?
When turned on the hero will stop moving, sit down and regenerate HP. The hero is Blademaster so he has that sit down animation. I've got it this far:
  • Meditation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Meditation
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order Caster to Stop
      • Animation - Play Caster's stand cinematic animation
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change Caster's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
What I need now is for him to remain sitted until I turn of Meditation, even if he's attacked or issued an order and also to regenerate HP while meditating. Now, for regeneration I was thinking maybe to create custom ability using Ring of Regeneratin as template and add it to hero trough triggers only while meditating but for the no moving part I have no clue. Does anyone has any idea?

Level 4
Yes but that would end his sitting animation and make him stand up. That wouldn't look good. I had an idea last night, might work. Instead of immolation I'll try using Gargoyle's Stone Form as a template.

Level 12
Uhh... I haven't used GUI in a long time, but I am fairly sure you can just pause the unit?

I thought I had seen something like a set animation range so the model only does a certain animation over and over

I'm sorry I can't be of much help, I really suck with animations

Level 3
ok i think you must do it like this.... first make spell from no target channel (Mana flare) and put all values to zero but mana cost cooldown and time (how much you want your meditation can be used per one time (maxinium)). Then make Item passive hp passive regenation spell value (how much you want it to regenate) (remember you can use triggers to give regenation but item passive spells dont show at heros abilitys so you get only regenation and you cant see the spell and also it prevents to regenation stay on hero)(cant bug when trigger is made properly not hard to make) then here is triggers

• Unit - begins channeling ability
  • (Ability being cast) equal to Meditation
  • Animation - Play (Casting units)(what ever animation is named)
  • Unit - Add Regenation(meditation) to (Triggering unit)
  • Trigger - Turn on Trigger Remove when Canceled(trigger Below)
  • Wait (value is so much what is maxinium time of meditation)(example 20 seconds)
  • Unit - Remove Regenation(meditation) from (triggering unit)
Here is Triggers what takes ability Regenate out if Caster stops channeling Mediation

• Unit - a Unit Stops channeling ability
  • Unit type of triggering unit is (unit what has this spell)(meditation)
  • Unit - Remove Regenation(meditation) from (Triggering unit)
  • Trigger - Turn off this trigger
Attention you must clsoe this trigger by right clicking triggers name and there is (enable trigger)

There it is i hope it works if it works can you give me some reputation :grin:
I hope you like it :thumbs_up:

Edit: you can stop Mediation when you push spell mediation again

Level 4
I tried my way, using Gargoyle's Stone Form as template, then created another hero which cannot move or attack. When I activate Meditation my hero changes into that hero and crashes the game so I'm droping on that idea.
If I pause the unit Herman, I loose any control over it. I liked the animation range idea dough, gotta check if there is something like that.
I might just make it a channel spell so thanks joukkinen and +rep for helping even if it doesn't work but I think it will.

Level 3
than you :grin:

i know why gargoyle stonee form wont work.
because if you use unit morph spells on heros heros just die you can use hero morph spells with untis but not unit morph spells on heros

Level 12
I tried my way, using Gargoyle's Stone Form as template, then created another hero which cannot move or attack. When I activate Meditation my hero changes into that hero and crashes the game so I'm droping on that idea.
If I pause the unit Herman, I loose any control over it. I liked the animation range idea dough, gotta check if there is something like that.
I might just make it a channel spell so thanks joukkinen and +rep for helping even if it doesn't work but I think it will.

Oh I see your point

Level 3
And Ingwar if you need help again just ask from me i think i can help im pretty exprerienced with triggers but im kinda newb with variables but i know lot of triggers

Level 4
Yes, yes, yes I've got it. It works with 3 triggers. Here they are:

• Starting Meditation
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Meditation <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Animation - Play Caster's stand cinematic animation
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change Caster's animation speed to 0.00% of its original speed
  • Meditation
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Caster to Stop
      • Trigger - Turn on Ending Meditation <gen>
  • Ending Meditation
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Meditation <gen>
      • Animation - Change Caster's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Trigger - Turn on Starting Meditation <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
This way I got exactly what I wanted. First trigger sitts him down and stops animation. The second one prevents him to do anything except deactivating Meditation, and the third one returns him to normal. I haven't added the regeneration yet becouse I have a small problem with the third trigger.

The spell is based on Immolation so it's activate/deactivate. The problem is when I want to deactivate the Meditation it does nothing. When I activate it again then my hero stops meditating and stands up.

Does anyone knows how to make triggers count deactivation of spell as ability being cast so it would run the trigger when I deactivate the Meditation and not only when I activate it?

Last edited:
Level 9
You're using Unit - A unit starts effect of an ability in third trigger. Instead of this event, you have to use order events.
  • blah
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit is issued an order without a point
    • Conditions:
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions:
      • Actions...

Level 4
That's all I needed. Thanks and +rep.
There's one thing I would like to add to this spell but it's not that important. I searched it myself but didn't find. Is it posible to remove unit response with triggers? I would like my hero not to respond while he's meditating and I'm clicking around.

Level 12
Now that I think about it, you could always just hide + create a new unit that is pretty much a structure with the blademaster model, and the un-hide the old unit and remove the one that is sitting at the end of the spell

Level 3
That's all I needed. Thanks and +rep.
There's one thing I would like to add to this spell but it's not that important. I searched it myself but didn't find. Is it posible to remove unit response with triggers? I would like my hero not to respond while he's meditating and I'm clicking around.

I think you could not do it... I should use it, in many other spells... -> I assume that if you use silence (remove attacks, not spells!) and some ensnare (entangle) spell, he wont do anything at all...
By the i think silence (spell) disables the defend ability too. but if not, you could even use that skill. So if you meditate and disables spells,attacks... only the defend(meditate) would stay usable.
Maybe you should do some morphing skills (burrow for example), and set the alter unit's speed to 0 (and maybe disable attack). Then he won't even could turn (and could not attack).

by the way: "not to respond". You mean not to even say those words by the unit? Maybe with triggers, but I think it's not possible in a non-brute-force way...

Status
Not open for further replies.