• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Events in survival map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Die Starving
On a random unit a buff is placed that will slow his movement speed for X seconds.
Mega-Power
On a random unit a buff is placed that will boost his speed by X% for X seconds.
Windwalk
The units that follow the surviving units (or bosses or whatever you have in your map) become invisible for X seconds.
Teleport
Every X seconds of the game one random unit is teleported on a different place of the map.

The "X" is for you to replace it with numbers. I hope i helped. Good Luck with your map !

Level 7
Ideas not bad, but with your help i remembered one thing!

There is no events in my map which buff enemy units (who stay already on map), it is good idea to make placed buffs on enemies.

Debuff with slowing movement speed and reducing damage - already in map, works on our heroes.

Windwalk, too much imba for normal units and i already have invisible units.

In my map was Teleportation event for our heroes, but i removed it.

Thank you anyway.
Random buffs on enemies will work for me.

Need a little more ideas from other people :)

Level 17
Quick TIme Event:
Press X to not die.

Have weather events. Snowstorms that slow units, fog that reduces visiblity, rain that make weapons slick and reduces accuracy, heat waves that cancel health regeneration.

Level 4
Fall-back!:
This is only used if more then 4 people are within 1000 range at a certain point, Several mobs are summoned, and the heroes HAVE to make it back to the base in one piece and obtain a reward, if they kill any mob they lose gold and forfeit the bonus.

Rotten Food:
Ick! You ate a piece of distasteful product, and lose health over time. You may not move as long as this debuff remains on you. This debuff lasts a number of seconds = to Level of product * 5.

Oh no they got pau- hey look items!
Wow your a bastard stealing from a comrade within 6 seconds after his death... shame on you -80% attack.

Don't worry i know what I'm doing
Running off alone wasn't the best plan, and your 100% sure you can take him on, -50% move speed but +75% attack speed.

WTF HAX!!!!
Rage quit after 5 seconds after death, well your allies now gain 300% xp for your stupidity, well done!

Snipah kitteh!
Not only are you a sniper, but you Team Killed... you do not gain XP for 5 minutes... way to go jerk.

I like pot
You took all the healing items within a 6 mile radius, well they no longer affect you.

Protect the Guy:
See Bob the Peasant? your mission is to protect him since he does not want to move... by the way there are several enemies closing in on him.

Level 7
Wow, Dakillakan, some of these ideas awesome.

And "Protect the Guy"
Bob the Peasant?
=) I have in my map boss unit with name "Bob the Trader"

Protecting someone not really original, but i will make protect "John the Engineer"
He need time to setup his biggun.

Well, team kill not avaible in my map.

"WTF HAX!!!!" - maybe with balance XP gain, but i already have my math for XP

"Don't worry i know what I'm doing" - well, not bad event. :)

Hmm, items don't drop from death Heroes, medic can revive Heroes(180 seconds cooldown).

"Rooten Food" can be done with my meat items. xD

"Fall back" - good idea of event, but i guess 90% of people at first time will kill these mobs. I have small quest where any hero can drag one enemy (low damage, uber hp-regen and big hp) to quest guy... :)

Thank you, good ideas.

Last edited:
Level 4
Im glad you liked some of those ideas =)

I've played a few survival maps and those last few ideas i generated are some of the things morons do in those types of games, would appreciate rep tho :grin:

I can try to think up more ideas eventually, good luck on your project

Status
Not open for further replies.