1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ethereal.blp

Submitted by Ishkhan
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
An ethereal hero skinned over the demon hunter. Based off of the world of Warcraft ethereal creature. I also created an icon to go with the skin. Completely freehanded. Updated (added much needed shading and tint to bandages). And updated again to improve quality (mainly the face). The ethereal idea is from World of Warcraft entirely, but I did make the armor a bit different, I felt that the black and yellow fit better than a purple and yellow-orange mix for team color.

Keywords:
Ethereal, Hero, Demon Hunter, World of Warcraft
Contents

EtherealHero (Texture)

Assets
Reviews
15:40, 11th Jul 2009 Hawkwing: No definition, poor/decent shading, and it's incredibly blurred. This will not get approved in its current state. However, the idea is nice. Hawkwing: Progress is not being made.
  1. 15:40, 11th Jul 2009
    Hawkwing: No definition, poor/decent shading, and it's incredibly blurred. This will not get approved in its current state. However, the idea is nice.

Hawkwing: Progress is not being made.

2. M4stah

M4stah

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You shouldn't make the diffrence between invisible parts and visible parts so hard. Make them fade into eachother.

3. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    very nice! i like the idea a lot, even though its not yours.. nice work but could be better... like those white parts could use more shadows and highlights.. :S. you know? not just.. blank white. also the armor u made on the chest and the hands could use more highlights.
    overall i like it, for now 3.6/5. i wont rate until u make a bit more changes. :)

4. Krarnal

Krarnal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well an ethereal skin could be very useful but you need to do more shading on the white parts as knight26 said :p

5. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Great idea, but not a great execution. Whole skin needs more shading.

6. Nichita_00

Nichita_00

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Add some colour, too, the pure white isn't totally realistic. Make the bandages old (brownish, like a mummy's; or make them red, or purple to show he was royal or other things like that). And as the other 2 dudes said above me, more shading.

7. Malcous

Malcous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah , great idea :)

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm... this is bad.

your idea might be neat.. but i don't see much here than a bunch of straps, instead of that you could try to put muscles and the face details to be the showy part that fades slowly, would certainly give him a better look than this. and a good idea is to tint him into ethreal green shade

so far, it doesn't impress me =/ 2.46/5 Lacking

~Misha~

EDIT: i gotta say the blade is terrific :D

9. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh yeah, if anyone wonders, what the hell is "Ethereal", go check this link for more information.

10. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    ah.... well... then this is everything else THAN ethereal...

11. Haistrah

Haistrah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Pretty awesome!
    Exaclty what I researched!
    But can you make one without the weapons please ?
    Or can I edit your skin for remove the weapons ?

5/5 guy =)

12. PsychoNerdial

PsychoNerdial

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like a heap o' ribbons^^

13. Ishkhan

Ishkhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Was afraid to put in too much shading at first cause i wanted it to be clear as bandages, but now that I look at it, it could definitely use shading. thx guys, ill get on that right away

14. Ishkhan

Ishkhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    feel free to edit it and take away his weapons, all I really care about is that I get some sort of credit, made him only for fun

15. Haistrah

Haistrah

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Thanks guy =)

16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Ishkhan, don't doublepost, read the rules about doubleposting >_>

17. Goldendemon

Goldendemon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I thinks its a nice idea and very useful :>
    but please improve it and maybe you can make other versions like a red, blue and a green one

18. Ishkhan

Ishkhan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Updated with changes to shading and tinting, hope it looks better now.
    and sry about the double post, couldn't find the edit button XD (got it now tho, lol)

19. Palaslayer

Palaslayer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    too blurry. improve the quality of the skin and it will be good.