• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Errr help with a weird trigger...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need to know how to make a trigger so that when a unit walks near a ward it is removed from the game completely I know how to remove the unit from game I just dont know the event and how to set the ward type and everything.

Rad

Rad

Level 5
hmm u can try the unit within range event... u might have to use variables or something to get the ward to be removed since a different unit is the entering unit though :? but if u really need it i can improvise a way... im not the best out there ya know :wink:

Rad

Rad

Level 5
Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Pink, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark,

whats with the pink lol

Level 3
Rad said:
Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Pink, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark, Dark,

whats with the pink lol

I dunno lol

Well anyway I was trying that unit thingy and stuff but I cant firgure oout how to make it so that that one specific unit is da ward... Ill keep playing with it and I'll figure it out I usually do

Level 7
i'm not sure i understood u correctly, when unitX walks near wardY, you want unitX to be removed from the game completely?

event - unit comes within 64.00 of WardY
cond - unit is equal to unitX
actions - remove (entering unit)

if the wards are created by trigger
create WardY at LocationZ
add event (unit comes within 64.00 of last created unit) to trigger RemovalTrig

if u want when unitX walks near wardY, remove wardY then u can use a periodical to check within the range of all wards every second or so (u have to remove mem leaks if u plan to do that way) or dynamically create regions around the wards and asign them to variable arrays (assuming u have more than 1) so u can index them correctly

Rad

Rad

Level 5
OOOOOOoooooooooooo ok!!! i guess i did... anyways i look over it now and i dont know wtf i was talking about i get it now lol

Level 3
I was wondering... I wanted it so that any unit would be removed from the game completely if they walked in the ward. So would it work If I took out unit = unitx would unit mean any unit??? I'll playy with it a little more and im sure i'll get it.

Level 5
XxDark_KingxX said:
I was wondering... I wanted it so that any unit would be removed from the game completely if they walked in the ward. So would it work If I took out unit = unitx would unit mean any unit??? I'll playy with it a little more and im sure i'll get it.

you want all units to be remove if they are near the Ward ? then dont need to Conditions just
Event unit within range,,,, action remove entering unit from the game...most of eazy triggers dont need variables just (event, conditions = if nessessary, and actions) also you dont need to play with it...:)

Level 3
wait... sorry I messed up I want enemys of the ward owner so I guess I could play with it a little more but if someone could help that'd be great

OH and one more thing 4 the unit comes within range how do I make the variable so I can make the wardY into that blank Ill play with it and hopefully I'll figure it out. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.