• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Errors with "Sand Troll Shaman" model imports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The model.
Appears as a green box and gives me the 'could not read blah blah blah.mdl' error.

Map is attached. It's probably some newb mistake but all other models so far have worked out just fine. :ogre_rage:

Attachments

• 1 - Rebirth.w3x
    548.1 KB · Views: 55
Level 6
You'd think the model wouldn't give me an unreadable error if I didn't have to do anything with it...

When I remove the imported path from the texture, it's still giving me the same error. It's an issue with reading the model, I think. The same goes for when I remove the imported path from the model itself, as well.

Attachments

• 1 - Rebirth.w3x
    551.6 KB · Views: 38
Have you done it like this?

1)Delete model and texture from the imported files
2)Save your map
3)Close WE
4)Reopen WE
5)Reopen your map
6)Reimport
7)Remove war3mapimported from texture file
8)Hit save button

the crucial thing here is that you save then close the map when you remove imported textures, and that you set the file paths to the right ones before you save the map after importing something

Level 6
Yes, I planned on including that trigger function. I haven't touched the triggers at all for years (the map was just left over from a long time ago, so nothing trigger-wise is indicative of my current mapping skills - which are rather limited for War3).

Opening/closing the editor did nothing. However, when I emailed the map to myself and continued working on it at a different computer, I found that the graphic was loading properly after loading it up with World Editor Unlimited. Strange, but at least the issue is resolved.

Attachments

• 1 - Rebirth.w3x
    555 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.