• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error when downloading models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Do you experience this error on specific resources each and every time, or it it random?

Since the recent server move, we've experienced intermittent downtime: that's probably why you got a 404 error or two. I occasionally get them too (if the server happens to be down). Such downtime is always temporary and usually lasts for only a few minutes.

As the new server is more fully optimized, these types of errors should become far less frequent.

Do you experience this error on specific resources each and every time, or it it random?

Since the recent server move, we've experienced intermittent downtime: that's probably why you got a 404 error or two. I occasionally get them too (if the server happens to be down). Such downtime is always temporary and usually lasts for only a few minutes.

As the new server is more fully optimized, these types of errors should become far less frequent.
it happens on everything i try to download from the hive and everytime this happens its been going on for days

Level 15
Well, I can say the problem is most likely related to DNS resolution. However, I am unable to replicate the problem on my computers/servers (everything works for me) so I am having trouble determining what's wrong specifically. :sad:

Level 15
Well, other people have had somewhat similar problems so I am not entirely sure your router is the problem. It might be Hive's DNS, or the DNS caching policies at some ISPs.

Level 1
I think for me it might be slow connection because when i click on the link it loads for about 30 seconds then goes to an error message.

P.S. My internet is fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.