• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error: object .?AVC3Vector@NTempest@@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi everyone!

I have been working from time to time on a map project I started about two years ago. Now I'm getting close to finishing it, but I got a problem. In every test run the game crashes at around 2h and 46 or 47 minutes (which is at or around 10 000 seconds). The error message is always according object .?AVC3Vector@NTempest@@ . Since this error is so consistent about the timing I first thought it was an error with some trigger. There are a few triggers of the kind "every x seconds" and also some of the "time elapsed" time. Of the latter there is not a single one that triggers anywhere near that time mark. The "every x seconds" trigger get triggered hundreds or thousands of times before the error occurs. Nevertheless I tried if it was one of them by changing the trigger-intervals but the time the error happened kept the same. Can anyone tell me what kind of error this could be or what this object .?AVC3Vector@NTempest@@ is so I could check in that direction?

thanks in advance!

Level 6
Thanks for your help!

jondrean:
If it is a memory leak by one of these triggers I'm still confused why it is so consistent about the time it happens. I have a lot of triggers of several kinds described in the threads you linked. But I guess I have to start reworking my hundreds of triggers.

Bitchmoon:
No, it's not and frankly I don't know what exactly it is.

DracoL1ch:
I didn't use JASS - can that tool still help me?

Level 6
It probably was a memory leak. I overworked my triggers and had the game run over the last two nights and it stood stable for seven and nine hours respectively.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.