• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Error messages starting WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So, lately (since 1.30 I think) I've been recieving thesse weird messages every time I start WE. Some more appear when I open the Campaign Editor or other features. At first they were only a few of them but lately (after 1.31) a ton of messages show up constantly.

My installation of both WC3 and WE are in Spanish. I think I've seen similar messages showing up in other languages.

Falta cadena:WESTRING_MENU_TRIGGERSCRIPT
Falta cadena:WESTRING_MENU_GLOBALVARIABLE
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TOOLBAR_SE_NEWCUSSCR
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TOOLBAR_SE_NEWGLOVAR
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGLIST_CM_NEWSCRIPT
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGLIST_CM_NEWVAR
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_eventide
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_itempool
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_multiboarditem
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_trackable
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_unitpool
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_widget
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_mouseeventtype
Falta cadena:WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_mousebuttontype

I'm pretty sure there are more messages being listed but they appear so quickly I couldn't copy them.

Would this cause problems with my WE? I have this weird situation with "create lightning effect" triggers that don't work. Can this be the cause?

Level 3
By the way. The translation of "Falta cadena" would be more or less "lacking chain" or "can't find chain". Maybe "string" instead of "chain"? Seems more probable seeing the messages.

Level 5
Seems it's happening on non-english editors because they didn't add some translations. (mine is in french and I got the same problem)

Level 3
Does it have any consequences on the adecuate performance of the Editor? I have some triggers that I have used on other maps without problems (specifically the "create lightning effect" and the "revive hero" triggers) that, for some reason, don't work at all now.

Level 5
I guess it is specific native functions that may crash some of the old maps but I can't say what are the exact causes as long as I'm not even able to open some of my old maps in 1.30 editor.

Level 3
The weird thing is that my problems are inverted. A trigger I used in a map I made back in the 1.30 works correctly now. But using the same trigger made with the new version does nothing. Overmore. Some models in wich I made minor edits (things like changing the proportions or deleting minor parts) now don't load in the editor. I'm baffled about this version.

Last edited:
Level 5
I hope someone can help you find out what's wrong, I think many people feel the same about this.. it's painful to admit it from Blizzard, they're usually used to deliver clean overall contents.

I keep telling me "Don't spend too much time on this WE and save it for Reforged" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.