• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
is there anyway to set it up that
at the start of the game a trigger goes off putting every item in the map
under a catagory such as Armor/Weapon but get a little more in depth with it
like the armor being cloth, leather, mail, plate
weapons being (1h) Axe, Sword, Dagger, (2h) Staff, Sword, Axe
misc being Amulet, Trinket, Ring

and wether or not the character can wear the gear depending on if they have the skill (just a crap skill with a description stateing what they can use)

is it possible with GUI or does it have to be done through Jass?

Level 28
Uhm, you can modify the HP of items in such a way that you can clearly distinct cloth armors etc, but I don't get this part:
"at the start of the game a trigger goes off putting every item in the map under a catagory (sic)"
If you do it with HP, then you don't need a trigger that picks every item on the map, you just need a trigger that activates when an item is picked up.

If you need HP for something else, you can indeed create a database of different types of equipment (and it's really not hard).
It's definitely possible in GUI, but I'm not sure what you want :/

Edit:

I created an example-map, it's something I quickly put together so not the best system ever, but I think it contains what you need (map attached).

Attachments

• ItemClasses.w3x
    23.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Max item level is 10 and no way to change it.

there is...

Hold Shift -> double Click the level field of the item -> release shift

and boom! you can have so many levels...

This is actually the method described in a tutorial in the tutorials section if you cared to browse there...

now if ur also too lazy to click it heres the exercpt

-Kobas- said:
You must be wondering: “That sounds great, but isn’t 8th a maximum item level?” Allow me to show you some magic:
1) Select any item (class and item level in this case doesn't matter)
2) Select the field that indicates the item level
3) Press Shift+Enter
4) Now enter any value you want to be the new maximum item level

Status
Not open for further replies.