• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Equip' item ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi!
So the basics is my item will be clicked to equip a weapon but this will take, say, 3 seconds. After which the item will be fused to the hero (item lost, hero 'morphed' into another)

You know when using staff of teleportation there is a casting delay in which time the item shows like it's an ability that's being channeled? That is the effect I'm after except I need an ability with no target selection.

Which ability should I base from and what properties should I give the item?

Thanks.

Level 8
I'm using the chaos ability to actually change the unit. I've read all about morphing units so no worries there.

What I need to know is how to make that item take 3 secs to cast and during that 3 secs you can plainly see the item is 'casting'/'equipping' like when you are casting a spell that spell icon will be indented and highlighted.

EDIT: I could give it a dud ability so the cool down shows the time, trigger a wait THEN morph the unit but it's important that the actual action of equipping the weapon takes time and the unit can't perform other actions during that time.

Other option is to give the unit an equip ability that can target items in it's inventory. What ability can do this?

Level 34
Casting Time, but it's probally not possible to highlight the item, probally only possible via triggering (and/or switching the icon of the item).

Level 8
Hmm, I'm sure I've seen it done somewhere but I don't remember.

How about the ability that can target items in inventory? Is there one?

EDIT:
Bah, ofcourse. Just change target allowed xD
Thanks for help. Apparently I can't give you more rep just yet xD

EDIT:
Fixed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.