• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Entire FF Battle System For My Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
:infl_thumbs_up: Ivalice Arena Battle Systems:spell_breaker:
~o~
You can get more information on the map through the link in my sig. (It's the title)
I am trying to make a battle system for my arena (details of the map in a link in my sig) and there are a few aspects of it I don't know how to approach and I think it would take JASS to do... (which I am incapable of using right.) Is there anyone kind enough to help me make these systems?

First, the battle ground features system...
Right now I am making separate closed off sections of my map that resemble the feel of what happens during random encounters in most FF games. I am wondering if there is a way (instead of trying to make a massive amount of arenas for 8 players to effectively play and have a fighting area that fits the environment...( to take the surrounding terrain and doodads and copy them in one of the closed off areas and than after the battle remove it. (Also, a method of random battles... that part should be easy enough.)
Next, the battle function system...
Probably the hardest part of the games creation will be the battle AI and functions. Battles PvP and PvE. How to go about this will probably largely be affected by how the battle ground feature system works out... But things this will need to include are.

• A method for 'back and front line' positioning battle options.
    • BACK - FRONT
    • | - [F]|
      [*]| - [F]|
      [*]| - [F]|
      [*]| - [F]|

[*]2 rows of 4 slots for each battle (where the unit is depends on whether or not melee or ranged can hit them. that is IF a unit is in the front row. )

• AI that functions with the Final Fantasy Turn based like battle system.
  • A method to set where the units will be place before battle.
I have a few ideas for some parts of it... but its on a scale that's outside my ability... and I'm only a GUI guy...

Please, if you can make this happen- let me know. I'm on often and of course you'd get lots of credit on my map as this is one of the most important parts of the game. There is more to these systems but PM for details or specifics or just ask here.

Last edited:
Level 11
I could do a battle system like that. Your descriptions could use a bit of improvement though... the FFs vary in important ways between their battle systems. For example, do you want an ATB? Purely turn based? Is there some particular FF game style that you're looking for? How exactly does this work? How many different "arenas" are being played in at a time? How many different "battle background" environments are there? Etc etc. Please include more details so that we can know exactly what it is you want us to create.

The only thing I'm not sure about is the "doodad's transferring" thing. Sure, I can make the game place (or clean up) destructibles wherever. I can even make it so that the game retiles the terrain (like, turn grass tiles into ice tiles... or whatever). However, if you really want your terrain to look really good you should probably make hidden arena terrain instead of designing the terrain with triggers.

Level 6
Yes. ATB sounds good. I saw your example and got inspired off it actually xD.Yes all battles will be turn based. FF7 (generic?) game style. I want 8 players to be able to play a FF style fight... unles thats too many in which case 4 or less is okay too. (Oh by the way i improved the selection method you gave me. :D its quite sexy now.

I do currently have hidden arenas... but I thought it out... I have at least 5 different environments that'd need there own arena... for each player... I figure there could be limitations.. or just using a random arena... but that feels like settling for somethingthat would cheapen the map... which i dont like the idea of. Right now my arenas i think are good enough for their purpose. I'll get a ss of some.

Level 11
Yes. ATB sounds good. I saw your example and got inspired off it actually xD.Yes all battles will be turn based. FF7 (generic?) game style. I want 8 players to be able to play a FF style fight... unles thats too many in which case 4 or less is okay too. (Oh by the way i improved the selection method you gave me. :D its quite sexy now.

I do currently have hidden arenas... but I thought it out... I have at least 5 different environments that'd need there own arena... for each player... I figure there could be limitations.. or just using a random arena... but that feels like settling for somethingthat would cheapen the map... which i dont like the idea of. Right now my arenas i think are good enough for their purpose. I'll get a ss of some.

Like... 8 players *in the same fight*, 1 player each having their separate fight... or what? Is one player controlling more than one hero? Just one? Are their multiple players in the same fight? And if they're all separate, what's the point of having it be a multiplayer map to begin with? I can't read your mind and I don't like to make assumptions. Explain exactly how the whole process goes down from starting a fight to ending it and all the elements involved.

Level 6
No 8 players in game. (Only 2 Players in fight... Unless the idea pops up that 8 players controlling one unit in a fight should happen... o.0)

Some of the general information is on the recruitment page. (Link located in signature.)

Okay Caedrus... :D
8 players. 2 Per battle (all planned so far.) Potentially PvP OR PvE.
4 Heroes per Player Team

Status
Not open for further replies.