1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

ENT.blp

Submitted by Avsky
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Basically, this skin is 100% hand, no cloning or copy n paste, and I believe it came out quite well. I changed a lot of the design originally on the skin and made it my own. Please address me in your map if you choose to use this skin, if not, I don't care, just have fun with it!

Keywords:
ent,tree,nature,night,elf,elves,leaves,treant,frost,ice,cold
Contents

Frost Treant (Texture)

Reviews
22:48, 11th Jul 2008 Dan van Ohllus: There is no good blending between the colors, making it look childish and messy. You should search for TDR's color blending tutorial at the Hive forums, plus check out some other texturing tutorials. I'll...
  1. 22:48, 11th Jul 2008
    Dan van Ohllus:
    There is no good blending between the colors, making it look childish and messy.
    You should search for TDR's color blending tutorial at the Hive forums, plus check out some other texturing tutorials.

I'll give you the chance to improve it. But if the skin is not updated in 10 days, it will be rejected.

Edit:
    [Rejected]
    No changes has been done.

2. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    its all right...kinda..no i actually dont liek it, plus why call it a ent, its more like a artic tree...but the shadows and highlights and w/e look a'ight

3. sacridshadow

sacridshadow

Resources:
    Resources:
    i dont like it, besides, an ent wouldn't be able to move if it were frozen, now would it?

4. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    maybe its a magical ent...their moving trees thats pretty magical alrdy

5. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Neither can zombies..

It's all pretty blurry and childish. You need to make it less messy.

6. Avsky

Avsky

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you joking, blurry and childish?! What do I need to do to make a decent skin?! A leonardo davinci painting!!?:angry:

7. Skizzik

Skizzik

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i liked buttttttt....... is too much blurry

8. Lord_Firage

Lord_Firage

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah too Blurrry ... try to make a wood texture under the Ice or take a Example on Friky's Mountain Giant
    But dont Copy it...

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    The idea desturbs me :/ frost ent? i mean its a tree frozen actully frozen tree :/ but the skin is good GJ :D

10. Lord_Firage

Lord_Firage

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Whats more believable ?
    a frozen tree
    or
    a walkin tree(ent)

11. FrIkY

FrIkY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    like they said, too blurry and it's leaves look messy

2/5 - it needs more work

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with Hawkwing, to blurry and messy. And no, you don't need Leonado DaVinci painting (giggle) A bit sharpening, maybe a change of color into black ice. (with proper shades and higlights) And yes, keep the ice, but erase it where knees, elbows and all other joints should be. replace that with some dead wood, and you will have a nice corrypted ent with some ice armor. How's that?

.......What's the matter with me? (giggle) today i really critiq people. Never mind ^_^;;; yo can sure do it better.

[RAINBOW]And do try, i like the concept that i gave you and i would like to add it im my maps. Cya[/RAINBOW]

13. pyropk95

pyropk95

Resources:
    Resources:
    giggly are we ^^???? -_-

14. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Would everyone stop saying "Blurry and Messy"!
    Tell the poor guy what to do to improved it you..
    I would say that it is a fine skin, which could need some check here and there, and as you stated yourself Avsky- this isnt a Leonardo Da Vinci Painting.
    I would say, that you should start out by recoloring the original ent or simply change the Hue/Saturation index ( Ctrl + U in Photoshop).
    Then afterwards add some frost spikes or whatever will please you.
    You could look in some of the HiveWorkshops tutorials for Skinning too. Have fun Playing.