• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] Enfo's Team Survival (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Introduction: Enfos MT has been an enduring and popular WC3 map though it has gradually aged with time. The MT team last developed the map in 2011 and since then they have disappeared from the face of the earth. The MT map script and object data were made publicly available by an old MT community member who re-released the MT version as an "MTE" version. However beyond that they did not seek to develop/improve the map, so I sought, out of my love for the Enfos MT map, to recreate Enfos MT from the object data and map script so that it can enjoy continued balancing and development.

Enfos PAC Edition: At the moment my recreation of Enfos MT will be called Enfos PAC edition (pick-a-chew edition). The goal is to replicate Enfos MT as much as possible before pursuing further development and innovation for the map.

Improvements: Only the object data from MTE was copied. The trigger script was obfuscated which meant I had to code the map from scratch, but sometimes referring to the script where possible to ensure game flow was preserved. This gave me an opportunity to reinvent and improve upon the map's key systems:

• Difficulty Vote: The difficulty vote system has received an overhaul. Most notably, AFK players do not have their votes counted and the game will settle for the middle-ground difficulty instead of the one closest to normal with the most votes.
  • Difficulties: Monster Max HP and Monster Base DMG is now scaled based on the difficulty, rather than using a Player Handicap and a global command aura. This means that % damage reducing abilities (e.g. Battle Chanter) are fairly balanced on all modes.
  • Spell Bringer: Many improvements including a conversion of the Spell Bringer into a hero-unit so it can be accessed with F2 and its mana easily monitored. Additionally, mana regeneration is dependent on player count. The west and east side will always regenerate the same amount of mana, even if there are leavers or empty player slots.
  • Overpopulation: The penalty that occurs when you have over 200 monsters on your side has been overhauled. It occurs more reliably and more fairly.
  • Bounty: A system has been created specifically for Bounty and Experience gains to allow easier manipulation and balancing.
  • Hero Selection: Random will avoid giving you a hero your team already has, and your ability to repick will be disabled if you cast ANY ability as opposed to certain blacklisted abilities. This has cut down on some tool-tip texts.
  • Hero Revival: Revive times are now displayed on the multi-board to make it more obvious in the event of multiple players being dead.
  • Hero Improvements: Many heroes have had their abilities optimized, improved and rebalanced. Several bug and tool-tip fixes have taken place.
What's missing?
  1. Most game modes. -sb is the default mode. By default the game is all pick and has difficulties.
  2. Player 1 admin commands.
  3. Revenant (it is a purely coded hero and i'm just too lazy to do it yet).

What do I need from you?

I need people to play and tell me if it is close enough to the original Enfos MT, and if not, what I need to change.

All heroes were created before buff stacking existed which lead to some very whacky implementation methods from the MT team, e.g. Time Mage's Slow is based on Storm Bolt (???) and uses a dummy to cast the actual slow. So there may be errors on some hero kits where I assume a spell works but it doesn't because it was made in weird ways. If you find them let me know!

Attachments

• ETS PAC 1.01 (beta).w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 468
Last edited:
Level 39
Revived heroes will gain a 5 second Divine Shield
I think implementing it as a 100% damage block via DDS with a big visual effect would be better. If you're invulnerable creeps will ignore you, which means once you spawn you can't actually draw aggro from enemies near the 'end' and they will probably just walk past you into the circle. Granted this only matters when you're respawning when you're about to leak (and are the only nearby hero), but I think it's a consideration. Might make it impossible for a clutch revive-save to stave off a loss.

I think implementing it as a 100% damage block via DDS with a big visual effect would be better. If you're invulnerable creeps will ignore you, which means once you spawn you can't actually draw aggro from enemies near the 'end' and they will probably just walk past you into the circle. Granted this only matters when you're respawning when you're about to leak (and are the only nearby hero), but I think it's a consideration. Might make it impossible for a clutch revive-save to stave off a loss.
You can make units target and attack invulnerable units while still getting same effect as 100% dmg block.

Level 13

Not a bad idea. The only problem I can think is that if you have damage immunity you can still be debuffed by the spellbringer, enemy heroes and creeps (e.g. you can chain stun players with a greater rift summon of the final wave), meaning your opponents might react more quickly to your revive than you are able to, but if i add periodic dispels to those with damage immunity it could work (spell immunity would also be an option but some waves have magic-type attacks).

Status
Not open for further replies.