• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Energy Drain Capture Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im building a capture point system in my map based around different nodes represented by a building with energy, when units move near the point energy drains and when depleted the node turns to that player.
I need help tying to add energy drain to units near the nodes, and the distance for the drain to the node

I should mention im very new to trigger editing and such

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What if there are multiple competing players with units near the node at the same time? Basically what should happen if the node is in a "competed" state?

The basic principle would be to use a unit enters distance of a unit event, or the unit enters region event. This would be used to determine when draining begins and then a periodic trigger manages the actual energy draining as well as monitoring the units in case they move to far away or the drain was completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.