• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Enemy Units Attacking In Cluster + Creeps Giving EXP Above Level 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 48
Okay, so a friend of mine is developing a role-playing map, and he has a couple of problems: First of all, the enemy units that he placed around the map aggro too easily. That is to say, as soon as you hit one single unit, a lot of nearby ones attack as well. I believe that he tried setting their acquisition range to the lowest one through the menu thing that you can access by double-clicking a unit in the world editor, but it didn't help.
And then, the second problem he's been having is that he cannot find a way to make Neutral Hostile units give experience past Level 5. I'm certain that this is a restriction that can be removed somewhere under Gameplay Constants or something, but I've been unable to find it, myself.
So... If anyone knows how to fix either of these problems, please reply!

Level 20
It's both at the Gameplay Constants, for the aggro, you can find the Creep Guard Distance, it has a default value of 500 (if I remember correctly).

The constant for making creep pass level 5 exp is this :
Hero --> Creep Reduction Table
Set the last number to bigger than 0 [not 1, remember, each number represent % amount]

Or just delete it.

Level 30
Creeps giving EXP above Level 5 >>> Mostly it is set in Creep Reduction table at Gamplay Constant is 90, 80, 70 ,60 50 ,0 and blabla... change it to only 100 and thus your EXP rate will become 100% all the time so in Level 5, your leveling wont stop.

Enemy Units Attacking In Clusters >>> I see your point and I think you (you can only set creeps's distance and not players thus will not apply to players) will have to manually trigger them than when they got in a specific range and agle with you make them run offset from you or something related to like that though I dont know how to make a trigger like that.

Level 18
The hero lv5 exp gain was already solved above
Also the camp acquisition range can be changed in the gameplay costants in the camp acquisition range, as said above, or, if it doesnt work, you may have to change the acquisition range value for each unit in the object editor..
OR: there is a value in the costants, something that sets the amount of time before creeps start going back to their syarting location (5sec is default). By lowering this fact you could solve the issue of many creeps coming at you, but not the aggro range

Status
Not open for further replies.