• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enable/disable techtree requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey there!

For one of my triggers I need to enable/disable techtree requirement of an ability. I've looked for the command in the editor and on the internet but without finding a solution. It seems that the problem is a little bit more complex than a simple command ^^"... +rep for helpers!

Well. So once the ability researched, the player would have this Dummy unit until the end of the game?

In order to be able to turn the research on/off you need this dummy unit to stay alive as long as the research should be useable.
When the research is meant to be off, then you kill the dummy unit.
Create a new dummy unit once the research should be useable again.

If you want the research to be active at all times then just create a normal upgrade. But you seemed to ask for the first option :)

If you want both incorporated:
Ex.
Power Magic: Requires Magic Level 5 Upgrade AND a unit-type equal to your dummy unit.

Then you need to research the upgrade first. And kill/create the dummy unit when you need to.

Level 1
Sorry, I'm was 4 years too late by the time I found this thread, but hopefully this will help anybody still looking:

Player - Set Training/Construction Availability of Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.