• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Elune's Grove

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: MrStormyZ
Elune's Grove is a major trading point for many merchants because of it's high gold concentration.Recent Monster attacks have drove many merchants into hiding, causing the income of supplies to be lowered.Take back this land, and clear away any future threats to your empire's massive wealth.

This map has a small twist to it. Neutral buildings on this map cannot be used unless captured. They can be captured by ordering your troops to attack it. While the buildings can be captured by any unit, it is recommended to use a hero since Captureable buildings take more damage from heroes.

FEATURES-
8 Player Slots
8 Small Expansion Mines
6 Large Frontier Mines
15 Neutral Sites

Also, One of the unique neutral sites in this map are Trading Outpost(if I remember correctly)
Trading Outpost can be captured to trade gold for lumber(or vice versa) or to hire some simple mercenaries. They can be upgraded into Merchant Camp to allow a better exchange of resources or into a Mercenary Camp to allow you to hire better mercenaries. The downside is that if you choose to change it into a Merchant Camp, you lose the ability to hire mercenaries, and if you change it into a Mercenary Camp, you lose the ability to trade resources.

There is also a very useful neutral building in the middle of the map, it will provide a great bonus when captured but is very hard to take.

This map is also works well with the default Warcraft A.I. Computer players will also seek out neutral sites and capture them. They will also use them if captured.

So in the end, Have Fun !

Keywords:
Elune, Grove, Melee Map, Forest, Altered Melee, Capture.
Contents

Elune's Grove (Map)

Reviews
12:17, 15th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected
Level 9
downloading.. gona leave my thoughts over it later on.

EDIT : Just played a 2v2 on it and I gota say I've liked what I seen,
The Idea Mixture of Control points and Mercenary camps is really good.

3.5 + Rep for now
You should improve Description using some BB Codes and Add some Screenshots

Last edited:
Hmmm, You placed large number of doodads bad somehow bad!
Try not to spam 2 much and instead if placing 10 rocks and 20 shrubs at same place, you place 1 rock and few shrubs near each group of trees and your map will look better already!

Add special effect like doodads, map look great now!

Add lightning effect like doodads, add fog and environment effects, map look epic!

Add animated things, neutral passive units, large number of different tiles... you will have awesome shit there!