• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor went full crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I dont know if you encountered similar problem but my map would work just fine yesterday. But today when I opened the same map, then Basicially many things had changed dramaticially.

1. trigger copied from other maps had forget their content (triggers who was not yet enabled)
2. custom models did not work at all, masicially it said mdl files had error (almost 96% of all models who yesterday worked out fine).

:d maybe it just temporarily but yeah I dont know.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
gdLvVby

Level 7
Your models have become corrupted. It happens sometimes. Check your import manager, if everything shows up as 0kb it measn they're corrupted. Revert to a previous map version to fix it.

Thanks both of you from the replies. I dont think I will yet revert to older version. I made changes that I liked a lot few days ago.

No there was no patches since yesterday when it worked out fine. I have not encountered this kind of symphtom before where so many models stop functioning. Before I know what went wrong there is no really point of recreate my all steps if it may happen just again in the future.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
No there was no patches since yesterday when it worked out fine. I have not encountered this kind of symphtom before where so many models stop functioning. Before I know what went wrong there is no really point of recreate my all steps if it may happen just again in the future.
The thing is to save different map files every time instead of overwriting the same file.
I think you could potentially solve it by saving the map as a folder and then put the missing models in that folder, open the map as a folder and save it as a map file.

Level 7
The thing is to save different map files every time instead of overwriting the same file.
I think you could potentially solve it by saving the map as a folder and then put the missing models in that folder, open the map as a folder and save it as a map file.

I dont function like that. I do necessarily do my things in the ways people tell me to do it after they have messed up.

I'm not really sure what you want here? Your map is broken, we are just informing you of what's wrong, how to prevent it, and how to fix your current map.

What you do with said information is entirely up to you, and if you choose to discard/ignore the information then feel free to do so, but it won't get you any closer to a solution.

Reactions: pyf
Level 7
I was asking if you experienced similar problems with the maps with reforged currently.

I am now too tired to mess up with things, maybe universe tried to say for me to have a break with these symphtoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.