• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Editor Crush -> fixable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I cant really tell you why it is that, but to successfully delete it without crashing, remove every field of the spells or set to 0, remove all the effects used etc... just make sure the spell is ''empty''. I had that case to where i wanted to delete the spells, but it just kept crashing... So try that ;)

I cant really tell you why it is that, but to successfully delete it without crashing, remove every field of the spells or set to 0, remove all the effects used etc... just make sure the spell is ''empty''. I had that case to where i wanted to delete the spells, but it just kept crashing... So try that ;)

I will try it , thanks for tring, I will post if it succeeded of failed

Level 18
I will try it , thanks for tring, I will post if it succeeded of failed
Edit: It didnt work, Aplling or not appling the brush list didn't give any help.

have you set every single field to 0, empty, unchecked it, removed buffs and effects, no animation names and so on?
If that doesn't works, try first to delete the ability from the unit it has, and then try to delete the spell.

It didnt work, Aplling or not appling the brush list didn't give any help, I also came up with the idea of setting each ability level into 1 so it will be swift removal, it didnt help either. And no, none unit in the game is using those abilities...

Im so sorry to ever think of making spell that use 10 different waves of carrain swarm :(

Level 18
how about you just export the ability(only ability settings), import i into new blank map and delete them from there? try that.
After you are done, export the ability settings from the blank map and import back to your map

how about you just export the ability(only ability settings), import i into new blank map and delete them from there? try that.
After you are done, export the ability settings from the blank map and import back to your map

WOW F!@#ING DAMMIT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! FINNALY!!!! wow but I have planty more to delete I hope I am not force to do it to each and any ability
Thanks man!

Level 18
No Problem. Glad I could help you ;)
I had exactly the same problem and believe me, i know how your're feeling (sucks tho...)
if you want to delete all custom abilities, just open new blank map, export the ability setting(the default one) and import it to your map and you can start from beggining without deleting all of them

WOW F!@#ING DAMMIT IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! FINNALY!!!! wow but I have planty more to delete I hope I am not force to do it to each and any ability
Thanks man!

FREAKING HELL! EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS!!! IF YOUR MAP REFUSE TO LET YOU DELETE ABILITIES, OPEN NEW MAP AND EXPORT SOME ABILITY, THEN DELETE IT AND GO BACK TO YOUR MAP, IT WILL ALLOW YOU TO REMOVE EACH AND ANY LEACHER ABILITY IN ONE TRY!!! APPROVED!!!
:goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom::goblin_boom:

He already mentioned that didn't work.

Exactly. So, to sum it up, when the editor bugs on not letting to remove an ability, go to a blank map, past 1 ability, delete it, go back to your map and the bug is no more, you should afterwards save your map since the bug may occure once you done something else like changing triggers or changing spells in units (tested)

Level 18
No Problem. Glad I could help you ;)
I had exactly the same problem and believe me, i know how your're feeling (sucks tho...)
if you want to delete all custom abilities, just open new blank map, export the ability setting(the default one) and import it to your map and you can start from beggining without deleting all of them

It already says that, you dont have to repeat it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.