• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Editor crashes whenever I open the campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Level 29
Probably the campaign file is either corrupted or made to work on older versions of World Editor.
Before you can ask the further questions, please show the actual error message. Usually, the traditional WE crash was "Not enough memory resources" error.
There is also someone who posted the same problem: Campaign Won't Open

Level 3
I seem to be able to open the campaign -and every map in it-, both in the WE and in the game. I'm using the 1.31 version tho. I'm not able to save it, but I have a feeling that's how it's supposed to be.

Do you have any further information, so other can maybe help? Are you sure you're opening them through the campaign manager?

Level 29
I seem to be able to open the campaign -and every map in it-, both in the WE and in the game. I'm using the 1.31 version tho. I'm not able to save it, but I have a feeling that's how it's supposed to be.

Do you have any further information, so other can maybe help? Are you sure you're opening them through the campaign manager?
I'm pointing out that 1.31's World Editor is too risky for map editing.
Many people said the WESTRING bug is the common issues of 1.31's World Editor in addition to the constant crashing.

Level 3
I'm pointing out that 1.31's World Editor is too risky for map editing.
Many people said the WESTRING bug is the common issues of 1.31's World Editor in addition to the constant crashing.
Oh, really? I've had no problems so far, except that today the WE decided to crash whenever I save a campaign, unless I use save as, I just made a post about it. What is the WESTRING bug, exactly? Looking it up only brings posts about missing files, is it that?

Level 29
Oh, really? I've had no problems so far, except that today the WE decided to crash whenever I save a campaign, unless I use save as, I just made a post about it. What is the WESTRING bug, exactly? Looking it up only brings posts about missing files, is it that?
If you encounter errors during the save, then there is a chance your game files will get corrupted. You should reinstall the game.
Talking about WESTRING, you should read this post to find out about the solution. It's all about the corrupted "worldeditstrings.txt".

Status
Not open for further replies.