• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Editing the Quests Tab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Since you are the one who ruins my 666 post-count, I'll try to explain it is good as possible :D

If you want to add quests, you need to create a trigger, like this:

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Credits with the description Creator: ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Updates with the description Update v1.0: ..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNShadowStrike.blp
Obviously, you can change required to optional, depending on where you want the quest to be.
The title/description is your choice, these are 2 common examples.
The icon path is the icon in front of the quest, you really need to change that to a fitting icon when putting up quests.

To actually change the looks of the quest-tab, you need to go to Advanced -> Game Interface and then search for what you want to edit.

The titles ("Optional"- and "Required Quests") can be found under: "Text - General - Main/Optional Quests".
This way, you can change Optional Quests to "Information" and Required to "Quests" for example, so you can make a difference between them and put the correct quests in the correct tab.
It's easier for the player to recognize the difference between information and in-game quests then.

I hope this helped ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.