• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

early marine custom map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, i'm searching for an early custom map -i can't believe the game lasted so long we're in 2016!-

The problem is i only partially remember it.

It was a coop hardcore survival marine map, there were 7 or 8 marine spots available.

I don't remember if the zergs were called zergs or bugs, I think it had hydras later in the map not just bugs.

I think there were health packs and maybe ammo but that's about it (maybe an object at the end?).

The game started low on the map, had to run east then go up in a hole to avoid a bug wave, it was all about the timing, then go east then north were bugs came from, then another spot maybe a bonus zone towards north to prepare for next big danger zone direction west?
I think at the end there was finally a building, not brown walking zones and brown cliffs, with maybe and object to collect to end the game?
Only 2/3 marines would sometimes make it to final phase bc omg it was hard.
Was there Xp? so killing bugs/zergs while the others marine were exposed/dying was the solution? i can't remember.
Anyway it was awesome !

I may point out that i don't have Warcraft3 currently so i can't just go and check to find this map, i mostly want to target research it to find what's available on it on the internet, like for resident evil survival maps (awesome maps too!), maybe videos or maybe i will replay it bc potentially was playable single with bots?

I know there has been starship troopers fps maps developped later in warcraft3, potentially it was the map that i'm searching for that triggered it?
it was a STR window, third person shooter, not a fps nor elder scrolls like tps.

So 7/8 players marine/troopers game, coop, str tps, one life survival, (maybe it would bug so it would annoy people? lol); experience health pack ammo? i don't really remember :s;

I've been searching on hive and epicwar, problem is there are too many maps, no screenshots, and potentially the map was so early that it got replaced by improved versions, that don't trigger my memory ?

It's also possible that it was an ultra classic map that everybody knows of, but it's too far away for me to remember, bc the resident evil maps, i struggled to realise those were the maps (i thought it looked good a decade+ ago :p)

Anyway, hopefully somebody can solve this for me :)
thx by advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.