• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

E u r o p e

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: bear_369
To-Scale map of Europe, 256x256

Map View (note that some of the top and bottom was cut off)
AZE8f0U.jpg

Minimap view:
ce2NeVb.png

Template map of Europe including North Africa, Egypt, Iceland, and Western Russia up to (and including) the Caspian Sea.

Features several mountain ranges including the Urals, Alps, Pyrenees, Scandes, and more.

No trees, units, or triggers.

Custom Tileset based on Sunken Ruins.

This map was traced from a real map of Europe, so you can be certain that it is fairly accurate! I apologize for the barebones nature of Africa and especially the Arabian Peninsula. I recommend importing a custom texture to replace the Dark Desert texture with something more sandy (like the Barren's "Desert" tile).

Keywords:
Europe, France, England, Realistic, Italy, Turkey, Russia, Africa, Mediterranean, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Gibraltar, Egypt
Contents

E U R O P E (Map)

Reviews
06:47, 26th Mar 2016 Shadow Fury: Unfortunately, the map is rejected. This is not only due to the presence of a much better version but also because all you did was putting some cliffs on water. That's not something approvable actually; you need more...

M

06:47, 26th Mar 2016
Shadow Fury: Unfortunately, the map is rejected. This is not only due to the presence of a much better version but also because all you did was putting some cliffs on water. That's not something approvable actually; you need more work on this. Take a look at other templates. You need to create something like that for approval, not some land on water :/

Level 6
Map description might be okay for a template. Like it. :thumbs_up:

How long did it takes to finish it?

Not too long. I used a program called GhostIt to create a transparent overlay on my screen of Europe. Then I just used the Raise Terrain tool to draw some borders, plateau'd it, marked out mountains, and then filled in the empty space. About 45 minutes.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Last edited:
Level 6
This is basically a worse version of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/europe-template-0-1-a-264940/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=58

Thus I vote for rejection. (not that my vote matters anymore, though it used to when I was in the map reviewer group)
Though, I know that the map section is kinder than the spell section, just saying that having two of the same something is instant rejection.

Ah I wasn't aware that this map existed. I just DL'd and used it and while I agree that mine is certainly a worse version of it, that map is overall larger, laggier, and uses a lot of non-vanilla resources. So I think its fair to let mine slide as a poor man's version of KoMe's.