• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dynamic unit-type description tooltip for trained units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi ! I have a dynamic rolling system which allows to draft random different unit-types inside a building.
After the unit is trained, I have a script which sets max HP and base damage according to unit's tier & level.
The fact is that I got more than 150 different unit-types and I'd like to make a generic tooltip description to give info on unit's stats before you buy it.

I've looked into the new native functions and I've found
JASS:
native BlzSetUnitStringField takes unit whichUnit, unitstringfield whichField, string value returns boolean
So basically I'm able to use it like this :
JASS:
call BlzSetUnitStringField ( target, ConvertUnitStringField('utip'), "This is a good tooltip descr" )

Problem is that the AddUnitToStock function I'm using to dynamically add randomized units to my building takes an integer value as a parameter representing the unit-type ID.

Is there a way to dynamically change unit tooltips description in a building before they are getting trained ?

Thanks for the help ! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 39
Train the units as normal and have a spellbook that mirrors the training page with passive abilities that give the descriptions for each unit. With a bit of effort to account for training costs you might be able to get a series of abilities based on Charge Gold and Lumber to function as a build menu since afaik that ability can have its base order changed to avoid collisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.