1. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Dwarven sound pack

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Razvan, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello fellas, I'm creating a LOTR map, and I wanted to edit the original MK voices. The problem is that war3 unit sounds are " .wav " and the sounds I got from HOTS are ".mp3" and I couldn't find any convertor to work properly. Does anyone have any sound packs for MK, not too important where the quotes are from as long as they are Dwarven quotes :D. Thanks in advance!

2. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Just use an online converter. They're everywhere, and they all do the same thing. If you're installing software to do it, then you're wasting your time honestly. Though if you're having trouble, give me the files(in a .zip or .rar folder), and I'll convert it for you.

3. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem is that I converted them, in the editor they work, but in game they don't..and I'm importing them correctly because I have other imported sounds that work. :D ( short edit : I've used 3 or 4 online converters, only one at least worked so the WE can play them, even tho the game isn't)

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I've thought about using the sound files from other games (like DotA, LoL, HotS, etc) in Warcraft 3... Does it work OK? Do they sound like they fit?

5. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure tbh, they should do because I took a few sound files from a custom campaign which are from HOTS, and they worked. The files from HoTS are ".mp3" and most of the converters I've tried don't seem to convert to ".wav* properly, but in theory they should work once converted to *.wav* correctly.
    If u need any help, maybe I can help:D.

6. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    P.S. The files shouldn't be too long or too big in size. Also, if they fit it only depends on you, if you feel like the sounds are good for the unit you want, go ahead and do it:D. ( if that's what you wanted to know ).

7. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    Try using Audacity to convert them from MP3 to Wav, that usually does the trick.

8. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    So, I downloaded, installed, opened a file and exported it as wav ( never used audacity so I'm just saying in case im doing it wrong ).
    I imported the file on a map, used it as MuradinWarcry1.wav ( the path was right, the sound editor could see the file ), but in game it doesn't work, even tho the editor can play the file, the game can't.
    Any ideas ?

9. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't think the game uses his WarCry Sounds, try using one of the YesAttack quotes for this.

10. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    it does use Warcry, you can find it in the sound editor.

11. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, no, i'm not saying in the editor, i'm saying in actual gameplay, Muradin's voiceset doesn't refer to the WarCry as a YesAttack sound, meaning it won't ever play ingame.

Unless you were to make a trigger that plays the sound effect.

12. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've checked and the YesAttack is for "A-move" and WarCry for unit targeting, I may be wrong but this is what I found on a hive post ( and tbh that's what I knew too ).
    EDIT: short edit, Ive tested it in game, the original WarCry is played, without any triggers.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  13. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you import it via Replace Internal Sound or just through normal Importing?

14. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
  15. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ive imported sounds before, I know how to do it, the only problem is that the sound files aren't detected..maybe not supported.

16. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    By any chance do you have Discord? I'd love to get more indepth with this issue. Seeing as I could probably diagnose this quickly if I had the map file and source audio file on hand.

17. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sure, but I can't access my main pc right now, I only use discord on my phone.

18. Razvan

Razvan

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can archive the files and upload them somewhere too

19. Mikekillkill

Mikekillkill

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, my discord is Musketmarine#0620, hope we can continue diagnosing the issue there