• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dwarven sound pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello fellas, I'm creating a LOTR map, and I wanted to edit the original MK voices. The problem is that war3 unit sounds are " .wav " and the sounds I got from HOTS are ".mp3" and I couldn't find any convertor to work properly. Does anyone have any sound packs for MK, not too important where the quotes are from as long as they are Dwarven quotes :D. Thanks in advance!

Level 3
Just use an online converter. They're everywhere, and they all do the same thing. If you're installing software to do it, then you're wasting your time honestly. Though if you're having trouble, give me the files(in a .zip or .rar folder), and I'll convert it for you.
The problem is that I converted them, in the editor they work, but in game they don't..and I'm importing them correctly because I have other imported sounds that work. :D ( short edit : I've used 3 or 4 online converters, only one at least worked so the WE can play them, even tho the game isn't)

Level 3
I've thought about using the sound files from other games (like DotA, LoL, HotS, etc) in Warcraft 3... Does it work OK? Do they sound like they fit?
Not sure tbh, they should do because I took a few sound files from a custom campaign which are from HOTS, and they worked. The files from HoTS are ".mp3" and most of the converters I've tried don't seem to convert to ".wav* properly, but in theory they should work once converted to *.wav* correctly.
If u need any help, maybe I can help:D.

Level 3
Try using Audacity to convert them from MP3 to Wav, that usually does the trick.
So, I downloaded, installed, opened a file and exported it as wav ( never used audacity so I'm just saying in case im doing it wrong ).
I imported the file on a map, used it as MuradinWarcry1.wav ( the path was right, the sound editor could see the file ), but in game it doesn't work, even tho the editor can play the file, the game can't.
Any ideas ?

Level 3
So, I downloaded, installed, opened a file and exported it as wav ( never used audacity so I'm just saying in case im doing it wrong ).
I imported the file on a map, used it as MuradinWarcry1.wav ( the path was right, the sound editor could see the file ), but in game it doesn't work, even tho the editor can play the file, the game can't.
Any ideas ?

I don't think the game uses his WarCry Sounds, try using one of the YesAttack quotes for this.

Level 3
it does use Warcry, you can find it in the sound editor.

No, no, i'm not saying in the editor, i'm saying in actual gameplay, Muradin's voiceset doesn't refer to the WarCry as a YesAttack sound, meaning it won't ever play ingame.

Unless you were to make a trigger that plays the sound effect.

Level 3
I've checked and the YesAttack is for "A-move" and WarCry for unit targeting, I may be wrong but this is what I found on a hive post ( and tbh that's what I knew too ).
EDIT: short edit, Ive tested it in game, the original WarCry is played, without any triggers.

Last edited:
Level 3
I've checked and the YesAttack is for "A-move" and WarCry for unit targeting, I may be wrong but this is what I found on a hive post ( and tbh that's what I knew too ).
EDIT: short edit, Ive tested it in game, the original WarCry is played, without any triggers.

Did you import it via Replace Internal Sound or just through normal Importing?

Level 3
Ive imported sounds before, I know how to do it, the only problem is that the sound files aren't detected..maybe not supported.

By any chance do you have Discord? I'd love to get more indepth with this issue. Seeing as I could probably diagnose this quickly if I had the map file and source audio file on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.