• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Dwarven Sniper's Shrapnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

The title says it all.

Anyone know how to make that spell? I believe its nothing complicated, but it has multiple effects in it so it requires a bit to make it work but i'm not 100% sure about everything.

So there are either: dummy units shooting from the air OR dummy projectiles being launched. I think its the first

Next the damage per second effect: this could be another dummy channeling blizzard, rain of fire or earthquake. If its earthquake that also covers the slow effect, but i don't think it deals damage to units.

Next is the slow effect: if its not earthquake, then there is probably another dummy with a tornado slow or modified unholy / endurance aura.

These are my thoughts. Share yours if you know

Level 1
You can make it with different ways, the best in my opinion is to create a dummy unit and add tornado slow and permanent immolation, change the effects to the desired. Remember that Shrapnel does not stack, this means if you use two shrapnels in the same location if the dummy ability is Blizzard the damage is going to stack.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

You can make it with different ways, the best in my opinion is to create a dummy unit and add tornado slow and permanent immolation, change the effects to the desired. Remember that Shrapnel does not stack, this means if you use two shrapnels in the same location if the dummy ability is Blizzard the damage is going to stack.

Good to know with blizzard. +rep

Level 3
Shrap is quite different from that
It creates 9 units that are ordered to attack the ground, creating the particles
let me get the code

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

It was changed like 3 years ago, the current shrapnel creates an area with damage over time and slow.

Yeah. Much easier with one dummy + immolation + slow aura than 9 units constantly attacking the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.