• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dwarf spells v1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This spell is made for my new map i'm planing to make...
Hope you like it :D
Give me credits if you use it!!

Keywords:
Spell Dwarf Jump Impale Trigger Custom
Contents

Dwarf Spells v1 (Map)

Reviews
15:57, 31st Mar 2010 The_Reborn_Devil: Leaks, not MUI nor MPI, you're using Casting Unit, you should use Triggering Unit. The description is lacking and the triggers don't have proper names. Status: Rejected Rating: N/A

M

15:57, 31st Mar 2010
The_Reborn_Devil:

Leaks, not MUI nor MPI, you're using Casting Unit, you should use Triggering Unit. The description is lacking and the triggers don't have proper names.

Rating: N/A

OFFTOPIC: Intuiging pressing his account name redirects you to "phantom911" I wonder why...

ONTOPIC: Yea, very inefficiant not a chance It'll be approved like this, but I shall take time to point out the mistakes, one at a time.

first the origional scipt
  • Ability1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jump
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Invulnerable
      • Unit - Add Fly Trick to (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Remove Fly Trick from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) Off
      • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Move To (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Animation - Change (Casting unit) flying height to 700.00 at 700.00
      • Wait 0.90 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Casting unit) flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Items\TomeOfRetraining\TomeOfRetrainingCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Weapons\LordofFlameMissile\LordofFlameMissile.mdl
      • Animation - Play (Casting unit)'s Spell Cast animation
      • Environment - Create a 4.00 second Normal ripple deformation at (Position of (Casting unit)) with starting radius 1024.00, ending radius 1024.00, and depth 64.00, using 1.00 second ripples spaced 512.00 apart
      • Environment - Create a 0.50 second wave deformation from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Casting unit)) with radius 256.00, depth 96.00, and a 0.00 second trailing delay
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Make (Casting unit) Vulnerable
      • Wait 0.60 seconds
      • Unit - Turn collision for (Casting unit) On
  • Ability2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Impale - I
    • Actions
      • Set Target = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Move (Casting unit) instantly to Target
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleMissTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoDeath.mdl
Mistake number 1
  • Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Move To (Target point of ability being cast)
-This leaks a location, you should have set a variable to the target point of the ability being cast which you could then have removed later by using
  • Custom script - call RemoveLocation (udg_Location_variable)
Mistake number 2
  • Wait 0.90 seconds
As almost everybody knows waits do not work with spells, you should have found an alternate way to creat a 'gap in time' via using some form of constantly increasing variable. which ofc would then need to be idexed proberly unless you were using hashtables

Mistake number 3
  • Wait 0.30 seconds
Same as Mistake number 2

Mistake number 4
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Thunderclap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
again, a point leak as explained in Mistake number 1
Mistake 5 6 and 7 are also the same as this one

Mistake number 8
  • Environment - Create a 4.00 second Normal ripple deformation at (Position of (Casting unit)) with starting radius 1024.00, ending radius 1024.00, and depth 64.00, using 1.00 second ripples spaced 512.00 apart
simply because it has a differant start, I'm using the dramatically big text for this one as well, like 4, 5, 6, & 7 you should have used a location variable and removed it with the same custom script as in Mistake number 1, Mistake number 9 is also the same as this

Mistake number 10
  • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Casting unit)), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
again a location leak - you have far too many of these I swear.

Mistake number 11
  • Wait 0.60 seconds
as afore meantioned in Mistake number 2

Mistake list for "Ability 1" completed!

Mistake number 12
  • Wait 0.50 seconds
Once again, another wait, like I said in Mistake number 2 you should find an alternative.

Mistake number 13
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\Impale\ImpaleMissTarget.mdl
Yet another location error, do what I meantioned in Mistake number 1 This applies for Mistake number 14 as well
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoDeath.mdl
Mistake number 15
You forgot to remove the location varialble, remember to add this:
  • Custom script - call RemoveLocation (udg_Target)
to make it leakless.
Mistake list for "Ability 2" completed!

Final Note
Replace:
  • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
with
  • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability