• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Master Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm sure most of you know of this great mod (if not, go here).
Pity that Mikitian seems to have abandoned this project altogether, no more patches.
A real pity because this mod really had huge potential, it just needs some reworking.
Potentially, it is the best RPG-map/mod for WC3. This is the only map/mod that really does offer roleplaying and stuff (see my other thread).
But it has one big problem: it takes way too long to actually breathe life into a dry, blank map (with no units/triggers).
My idea (too bad i couldn't share it with Mikitian while he was there) is that the mod would leave the user an opportunity to add units and some basic triggers (or just units) to the map after or before applying the mod. I don't think it's so difficult to implement, and it surely will improve the mod A LOT.

Just think of it: you create a beautiful terrain, add the actual settlements, characters (just standing there, no triggers needed), some extra stuff (like custom models, etc) and then apply the mod (or vice-versa), and when you start the game you actually have that world, and you can then breathe life into it.

But right now it seems impossible. I don't know why this limitation is there, but the mod just doesn't let any unit or object-changes be present in the mod. And if I try to modifiy the map after mod being applied, then the map just becomes an ordinary melee map...

What do you think about it? Can someone please try to make things right? Maybe there is a way to override those limitations and actually use your own stuff in the map?

I really want to play it with friends, but only if i can create the world beforehand, otherwise it's just too boring and time-consuming.

Please help.
PS: I'm trying to contact MIkitian, but I'm not sure if he's interested in the whole thing now...

Status
Not open for further replies.