• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Dummy (non)Selection help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi! as the title says:

I was wondering, this may be very simple, but. . . how can we make dummy units visible but not selectable?

And secondly, Can we make a dummy unit look like the exact replica but warithlike, though same as top, non-selectable. I guess the closest reference would be terrorblades' ability in dota.

Any Ideas?

Level 9
"Locust" ability is all you need for a unit to be "Visible but unselectable". Just add unit this ability. But remember, once you added it via trigger, removing it will not help (the unit will get pause, invulnerable and uncontrollable)
Sure, i did this spell once before with some researches. The basic method is creating the item that has the ability "Item Illusion" or just simply use the Wand of Illusion in Item category
Create an invisible unit, and give the unit the item. Use trigger order the dummy to use the item on the hero (since there's no order we could use on this ability else than order to use item on target)
If something isn't clear, just post here :p
Goodluck

Level 33
And secondly, Can we make a dummy unit look like the exact replica but warithlike, though same as top, non-selectable. I guess the closest reference would be terrorblades' ability in dota.
After the illusion is created, just add this line to affect the illusion;
  • Animation - Change YourIllusion vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
This will make the unit to have a 50% transparency (you may wanna change the % to your desired value, try playing with the values ranging from 0 ~ 100).

But remember, as in DotA, this visual of wraithlike will only affect enemies player, because you and your teammates just see these illusions as blue color (hard-coded).

Create an invisible unit, and give the unit the item. Use trigger order the dummy to use the item on the hero (since there's no order we could use on this ability else than order to use item on target)
This;
  • Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(YourDummy, '852274', YourTarget)
Just add the ability to the dummy and use this function.
This is the order string (852274) to cast Wand of Illusion-based ability.

Now you can save the system performance by reducing the function;
- Create Item For Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.