• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Duality

Duality
Map Description

You and your ally against creatures of this valley is all that matters now. Fight or die!

Duality is 4 player map suitable for 2v2.

Contains:
-25 000g base (4x) 12 500g exp(4x)
- 6 green camps
-12 orange camps
- 2 red camps
- 2 Taverns
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Goblin Laboratories
- 2 Mercenaries
Screenshots

full

full

full

full

Changelog

• [2021-02-22]

• Map Uploaded.

Author's Notes
My take on a classic 4v4 map by Blizzard - Friends in a 2v2 setting.

Have any suggestion? Please write a comment. I am opened to any ideas. Have a nice day!
Previews
Contents

Duality (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Contrary to popular belief, Friends isnt actually a "Blizzard map": Warcraft III - Maps - Map Contest Though I'd rather see this as a more streamlined variation of Synergy, maybe the name is inspired from there too? Starting with the, for better or...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Contrary to popular belief, Friends isnt actually a "Blizzard map": Warcraft III - Maps - Map Contest
Though I'd rather see this as a more streamlined variation of Synergy, maybe the name is inspired from there too? Starting with the, for better or worse, generic tileset and creeps, but also because of the neutral building choices and the expansion layout. Visually, the map looks completely fine.

Or is it a take on LR? 90% of creepspots copied and pasted just from there, seriously? I mean LR did the same with EI and other maps, but come on..... The more I look at the map, the more I get suspicious that this might all just be a giant inside joke, but that I'm also still understanding half of it. I am confused.

Anyway, regarding gameplyI'm personally not the biggest fan of joint starting positions, but ok. Apart from that:
1. Overall the amount of creeps is quite low.
2. The eastern/western map boundaries could be moved inwards, in order to use the minimap more efficiently.
3. I would remove/reduce the unbuildable terrain near the 3-3-3 troll/ogre camp.

Nevertheless, it's a good map. Approved.

Level 21
...Friends isnt actually a "Blizzard map"...
Didn't knew there was a map contest before TFT was released. The map names were translated to Czech in my copy of game, so I assumed they were OG Blizz maps. I was wrong.
...generic tileset and creeps...
I like the tileset, players love the tileset. Don't see it as much of a problems as some of you tbh.
LR - 90% of creepspots copied and pasted just from there, seriously?
Yeah, I'm always sad to hear players having problems with my item drops or creep camp composition. LR is liked, so the camps must be ok I guess.

Will look into your feedback!