• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Dropped Item Disappears. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I added a trigger that if a hero has an item with 0 charges on it the item is removed. This caused a problem that when a player drops "Venison" it would disappear and and I think is removed/destroyed. They are not the only items that I have made that have abilities though they are connected with another trigger, but it doesn't seem relevant.

Here is the code I used to drop all items that have 0 charges...

• Remove 0 Charge Items
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 1)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 1)) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 2)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 2)) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 3)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 3)) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 4)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 4)) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 5)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 5)) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Charges remaining in (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 6)) Equal to 0) then do (Item - Remove (Item carried by Players_Hero[(Player number of (Picked player))] in slot 6)) else do (Do nothing)
All of my other items are fine and do not disappear when they are dropped but all types 3 of my venisons do. If anyone has any idea of what is going on here please help me out, because I have no clue.

Level 28
First thing you have to do is change the event.
Since it is an item with charges, that indicates it can be used. How about using the event when an item is being used?
You're running this trigger 100 times per second now, very demanding.

Are you sure that THIS trigger removes the items when dropped?
You can always use "Game - show message" to debug the triggers (debugging triggers is an art, one that all coders rely on).

Just... instead of creating 6 ITE's (If-Then-Elses), loop an integer from 1 to 6 and create a multiple-action-ITE.
The condition remains the same, the then-action remains the same (no else-actions though) AND you are able to show a message!
Something like "Integer(looped integer) - removed item". Then you instantly know what the trigger was thinking when removing that item. IF it removed it at all.

Level 33
I added a trigger that if a hero has an item with 0 charges on it the item is removed.
I really wanna know what is your motive of doing this ?
Take Healing Wards (item) as an example, it has a default 3 charges for that item
When each time you use it, it reduce by 1 (logical explanation)
Also, when it reaches to last amount, you used it when it is at 1 charge left, the item is automatically disappears

Now I wonder why do you wanna make a triggered-removing 0 charged item when Blizzard has made your life, easier ?

Level 9
This is gonna seem really stupid, but the reason the venisons were disappearing was because I had accidentally deleted the model when I was cleaning out the import menu. Thank you ap0calypse for the revised trigger! +rep for you.

@defskull, I'm triggering it because its a whole lot simpler then deleting all of my items and remaking them to be like the Healing Ward. I also had not really thought the whole item process all the way through apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.