• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Drain Essence Beam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a rather simple model request, I have need of a purple life drain/mana model for a small project I'm working on.

In the map their will be a dark magical class that has an ability called Drain Essence, which will drain both life and mana at the same time.

My reasoning behind the Drain Essence beam being purple is actually pretty simple; health potions are green and so is the Life Drain beam, mana potions are blue and so is the Mana Drain beam, in-game the icon for replenishment potions (which restore both life and mana) are purple, so the Drain Essence should be purple to keep with the theme.

Also I recall seeing an icon identical to the life/mana drain icon but with purple energy coming out of his eyes and mouth instead of green/blue, I'm fairly certain its one of those "Hidden Resources" within the Warcraft III Editor but I'm not entirely.

If anyone could take the 5 minutes it would take to make this simple model, or even show me how its done, I'd be grateful and give +rep and add your name into the credits of my map. :grin:

Level 34
Here are the target and caster effects. Try it out and comment me, if you want me to improve it anyhow.

You want the lightning effect, or the splashy effect at caster?

He wants everything, even the icon. Yet it's a pretty simple request.

Also here is the lightning texture. Just create a custom .slk and tint it purple, would look nice and customish;)

Attachments

• DrainPurple.rar
    977 bytes · Views: 57
Level 9
The caster and target effects look perfect, all I need is the beam and the icon, sadly I forgot the icon doesn't look like what I need with blue coming out of the eyes and green coming out the mouth, instead of purple coming out of all of them.

I might make the icon a separate request, not sure if its asking to much to add it to this one... :sad:

Also the resource you linked JesusHipster is no longer available, I'm not even sure how to change colors, I'm sure its a simple task I just need it in idiot terms, including what program(s) to use.

Changing the lightning effect:
Import the blp and slk files (the ones in rar), and change their paths to
attachment.php

After that, go to your desired spell, find Art- Lightning Effect. Hold shift, and click that value, type 'DRPU' and then enter.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041313_151225_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041313_151225_02.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 252
  • PurpleDrain.rar
    10.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Clipboard02.jpg