• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon's Flame Breath, how to create?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey I'm having trouble creating a flame breath type skill for a dragon in my RPG, its not supposed to be a a breath of fire, and he is not supposed to cast it.

What I need is triggers to every 15 seconds or so do a cone of damage in front of the dragon, he should not have to cast it himself, this is similar to a dragon in WoW (Nefarian, Onyxia, Vaelstraz, ect.) ATM I have no clue how to do this.

Ex. of what I need: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-237012801485418835&q=onyxia&hl=en
Watch as Onyxia does a flame breath in front of her everyonce in awhile, thats similar to what I need.

Level 40
needs a Point variable called Loc, to clean up leaks.
(and a Point variable called Loc2 for the same reason)
Also, of course, needs a dummy, and a Breath of Fire skill
-------------------------------------------

Events
Every X Seconds of game time
Conditions
(none)
Actions
Set Loc = Position of (Dragon)
Unit - Create One Dummy at Loc facing 0 Degrees
Unit - Add Breath of Fire to Last Created Unit
Set Loc2 = Loc Offset by 50 Towards Facing of (dragon)
Custom Script call RemoveLocation( udg_Loc )
Unit - Order Last Created Unit to Neutral Brewmaster - Breath of Fire Loc2
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Loc2 )
Unit - Add a 1 second Generic Expiration Timer to Last Created Unit

----------------------------------------------

hope that helps!

Level 3
The map works like a WoW instance, so things such as tanks apply, if I use an actual Breath of Fire spell then he will turn from the tank and kill everyone with the breath of fire (Because of the massive damage it does) so I need to figure out how to do this so he doesn't turn and that he just casts it in front of him with no target.

Level 3
Looking at triggers I can't find a trigger that forces a unit to cast a spell at a point in a certain direction :? .

However I THINK I have come up with a spell, yet to have tested it though (considering he is the final boss of the map and takes awhile to get to)

Status
Not open for further replies.