1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dragon Nest TD v1.80

Submitted by GamerSmurf
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
♦ Dragon Nest TD v1.80 ♦

By GamerSmurf

Gameplay
[tr]
- Select one of the Dragon eggs and defend it at a chosen location by building towers and maze
- 35 waves are spawning from one of 8 caves chosen at random and are ordered to attack your egg

Nature egg:
- Regenerate hit points
Fire egg:
- Increased damage to nearby towers
Earth egg:
- Increased hit points
Water egg:
- Decrease armor of nearby creeps
Ice egg:
- Decrease movement speed of nearby creeps
Wind egg:
- Resource reduction
Lightning egg:
- Increased attack speed to a nearby tower
Shadow egg:
- Explosion
Gold egg:
- Golden Shell

Each egg has advantages and disadvantages and some are better at early game or late game. Use the feature from your egg to exploit its advantages

Invite link to discord server for the map: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Screenshots
[tr]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[/tr]
[tr]

Features
[tr]
Minigame after wave 10 and 20
Bonus wave after wave 15 and 25
More than 25 great locations to defend your egg

Lumber can be used to research upgrades to help you survive or upgrading your opponents creeps(PvP mode)
In single player your creeps will automatically be upgraded during the waves
In multiplayer you can select the Last Man Standing mode where creeps are upgraded automatic for all players
[/tr]
[tr]

Credits
[tr]
Missile bouncing system created by Madhatters
Nature, Ice, Fire, Earth, Wind, Lightning and Water egg are created by Vortigon
Shadow egg created by alfredx_sotn
Gold egg created by Blizzard Entertainment
Demon Tower created by HappyTauren
Amethyst Tower created by Pyramidhe@d
Dragonmaw Rider created by Sellenisko
Shadow Elemental Tower created by icewolf055
Water strike icon created by Golden-Drake
Gust of Wind icon created by Sin'dorei300
Immolation icon created by siegkaworu
Slippery Terrain icon created by The Panda
Scratching icon created by Kimbo
Golden Shell icon created by Darkfang
GUI-Friendly Damage Detection v1.2.1 by Weep
Troll created by HappyTauren
Ignite breath icon created by 4eNNightmare
Summon Wolf icon created by Kimbo
Goblin Hovercraft created by Freddyk
Necromancer created by Sin'dorei300
Necromancer icon created by D.ee
Lightning Totem icon created by Raging Ent
Berserker Tower created by Skipper
Berserker Tower icon created by NFWar
Mo'arg Overlord by FerSZ, Murlocologist
BTNNaturesWrath icon created by -Berz-
Ancient Warrior created by Darkholme
Enhanced egg upgrade by Darky29
Witch Doctor created by ironmaiden
Firelord created by Tarrasque
Firelord icon created by kola
Voidwalker attack effect created by Mythic
Gul'dan created by Tauer

Loading screen picture found at Dragon nest - Desktop Nexus Wallpapers
[/tr]
[tr]

Changelog
[tr]
Dragon Nest TD v1.80
- Unit/tower sizes have been adjusted to Reforge graphics.
- Added Gul'dan tower
- Witch Doctor now gains mana for creeps from War Mill too but requires 60 mana
- The chosen mode is now visible in the multitable
- Skeletal mage summons wards close to attack point rather them at attacked unit

Dragon Nest TD v1.79
- Added Champion waves
- Possible to add specific creeps to opponents in PvP
- Added starting bonus and removed random starting bonus chance
- Added Voidwalker Tower
- Changed terrain a bit
- Creep walk speed 340 --> 400
- Increased cost and damage of Aqua Tower
- Small buff to Ancient Tower
- Building close to creeps(Range of 400) is now activated after wave 1

Dragon Nest TD v1.78
- Added 5 more waves
- Fixed Witch Doctor tower mana trigger
- Buffet Shaman tower and Wyrm tower
- Changed Firelord tower
- Added ability to Arrow tower
- Changed Life regen and Unholy upgrades(now requires wave 20)
- Minor terrain updates
- Balanced egg upgrade prizes

Dragon Nest TD v1.76
- Each egg can now be upgraded
- Added a Minimap image(Created by TDSrock)
- Added Witch Doctor Tower
- Added Firelord Tower
- Peon size reduced and will not get stuck behind trees
- Balancing to several towers and a few waves
- Light armor creeps takes 15% less damage from spell damage
- Renamed modes to PvP(Normal) and Last Man Standing(Survival)

Dragon Nest TD v1.75
- Added Ancient Warrior Tower
- Added a new mode in multiplayer(Survival mode where creeps get upgraded automatic for all players) - Possible to vote Yes/No for the minigame
- Minor terrain changes and a few bug fixes
- Range Tech now increase the range for more towers
- Nerfed the Druid towers dps a bit

Dragon Nest TD v1.74
- Income per lumber is increased to 2 gold per 100 lumber
- Improved the antiblock system to avoid juggling
- Improved the Egg Drop ability
- Buffed wave 21-30(10 hp to 100hp)
- Reduced creeps attack by 50%
- Reduced minigame prizes
- Increased the number of upgrades for Reinforcement and End Round Gold

Dragon Nest TD v1.73
- Lumber used on creep upgrades now increase end round gold
- New income upgrade for single player
- Creep hit points increased for wave 11(5 hp) to 30(100 hp)
- Added Necromancer Tower
- Added Berserker Tower
- Fixed a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.72
- Updated Shadow Elemental Tower lvl 7(forgot to increase dps with the last upgrade)
- Faster missile speed for the Tube Wyrm Tower
- Updated description for the creep upgrades

Dragon Nest TD v1.71
- Antiblock unit is now visible
- New trigger preventing construction of a tower next to another players tower and very close to a creep
- Updated terrain
- Balancing, updated tooltips and minor changes
- Separated lumber and minigame area with shallow water
- Number of upgrades shown for each tower

Dragon Nest TD v1.70
- Fixed a bug causing the bonus wave to disappear when walking on the center of the map

Dragon Nest TD v1.69
- Added Tube Wyrm Tower
- Added Wolf Caller Tower
- Added bonus wave after lvl 15 and 25
- Created Discord server for the map. Invite link: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Dragon Nest TD v1.68
- Introduced a chance to receive an upgrade when dropping the egg
- Added Strength Tower
- Added Shadow egg
- Added Gold egg
- Changed Wind egg
- Added Tower value to multiboard
- You can now observe the game when you lose
- Balancing and fixing a few minor bugs

Dragon Nest TD v1.67
- Removed fog of war
- Increased movement speed for creeps until they get near the egg(Range of 4000)
- Few balances to towers, creeps and upgrades
- Replaced War drums upgrade with Howl of Terror upgrade
- Replaced "Kills" in multiboard with "Creeps left"
- Reinforcement upgrade added(increase number of creeps)
- Fixed bug with Lightning egg causing a player to lose if another player didn't drop the egg

Dragon Nest TD v1.65
- Creeps will now attack towers when blocking
- Display range ability added to all towers
- Improved some leaking triggers
- Improved passive icons

Dragon Nest TD v1.64
- Added Lightning egg
- Improved terrain
- Reduced the movement speed of peons by 5 per player
- Removed creep upgrades in single player
- Improved Maze Tower description and several upgrade descriptions
- Adjusted Amethyst Tower size with upgrades
- Changed icon for Research Food and Research Income

Dragon Nest TD v1.63
- Added a new model for the Fire egg
- Added credits in Quest log

Dragon Nest TD v1.62
- Uploaded to HIVE
[/tr]
[tr]
► Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」
[/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr][/tr]
Previews
Contents

Dragon Nest TD v1.80 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. Where did you take the loading screen from? 2. Terrain has 95% no tile and height variation. 3. Research Food has no DISBTN (icon looks like a green square on F10/pause). Also, the icon looks like that of a passive ability. Use these to make a...
Paillan
Critical bugs were fixed as asked in last moderation. I see no reason to not put this back to approved state. Set to Approved ====================================================================== Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map...
  1. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    This TD is really cool! I am looking forward to see how will be the next update. :D 5/5

2. Sirmarkis29

Sirmarkis29

Resources:
    Resources:
    Funny map and very addictive i gona give a rating in the new updates.
    Good luck and have a good day. :> :goblin_yeah::infl_thumbs_up:

3. Yugata

Yugata

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pretty awesome map! I had fun playing and already ran through 3 games... Granted I lost all of them but let's ignore that. :p
    A couple of hiccups that I ran into when playing the game:

1) On my first playthrough of the game, I was able to at least reach the bonus wave to receive a second egg effect. I went with lightning assuming that it was a global-ish effect. I mean it didn't say anything about a single tower, nor that it had a cast range limit. Water and Ice both say "nearby creeps" so maybe lightning should mention that it effects a single nearby tower. "Increased attack speed on a nearby tower" maybe?

2) The water tower feels extremely underwhelming. Compared to the lightning tower (god that tower is so awesome!) it just doesn't seem to deal much damage despite have 7 upgrades. The lightning tower deals ~200 damage to 4 targets, so lets say that's a damage value of 800. The water tower has ~260 (i think?) and bounces only once, so it has a damage value of ~520. Being the only normal type tower (the only one I saw anyway >_>) it felt kind of bad to spam this to counter the armor that basically every other type was weak against, especially since it has 7 upgrades compared to the 6 upgrades that other towers have.

Really those are the only things that I can immediately point out. I haven't gone through the advanced towers yet, so I don't know if there's some op combo I'm missing. Game is awesome, and I love the random comments!

4. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for reply Yugata. It's much easier to update the game with comments from players. It is hard to survive all 30 waves in single player, but if you manage to then you can defeat most players in multiplayer :)

1) I have changed the range limit for the lightning egg ability from 800 to 2000 and changed the text to "Increased attack speed on a nearby tower". With new players building towers far from the egg this is a good change so they can use the ability and aren't "punished" for building a bit different.

2) The towers have 5 to 10 upgrades, but it more the cost that I use to calculate the damage the tower should have. Level 6 Lightning tower deals 205(4 targets: 820) and costs 865 gold including upgrades while the Aqua Tower level 7 deals (378+(378*0.5))/1.2 = 472.5 damage and costs 505 gold including upgrades. So the damage compared to cost is almost the same. The lightning towers has more range but the cost the calculated based on the tower hitting 4 target, which it doesn't alway do. I'll test the Aqua tower a bit more. Maybe the range wil be increased from 500 to 600(without the range upgrade. There is other balancing factors, but i might bore you if I continue :)
    The advanded tower section has a melee tower with normal damage type and a Wolf Caller Tower with normal damage type too.

5. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I would like you to explain to me how the warning system for blocking the path works in depth, it seems to not be working properly sometimes.
    I would also like too address that the first time someone breaks the rule of blocking, they should receive egg damage at the end of that round and only IF they keep blocking.
    Finally, in a more personal view, you should completely separate the mini game area and the lumber harvesting area from the rest of the map, while you are at that, maybe you could add more mini mages, being able to play any of those at random.

6. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When a wave starts a invisible ”referee” unit is spawned at each players egg and is ordered to walk towards the spawn location for the creeps. Every 5 seconds a trigger runs that sets a variable to the location of each referee. 2 seconds later the referee location is set to another variable. If the two variables are equal then a player gets a warning and a “warning counter” for that player is increased by one.

I could spawn a referee unit every time a player starts building a tower to make the antiblock more efficient, but that would cause some problems/annoyance for players playing the game right. I can explain, but this is getting to long to read already.

The last 10 times I have hosted my map at least one player has blocked the path to the egg by accident. It normally takes them about 15-30 seconds to find the block so the “if they keep blocking part” will not work for most people. After the first block people tend not to block for the rest of the game, so I don’t think there should be any penalty for the first block.

I’ll look into separating the mini game and lumber area for the next update. Have you played the mini game? Normally people have fun playing the mini game two times during the map. I could make a mini game or two more, but I don’t like the mini games to be the focus of the map. Right now the playtime is about 45-60 minutes. Longer isn’t always better, but I don’t know what length most people prefer.

7. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you play the map a lot the minigame becomes redundant, that's my concern.
    I think you should make paths visible for the player, this being a TD and all, such a system would help a lot to know when placing a tower will block the path and when not. I have at least lost 3 times by blocking when I though units could walk in a 1 man line, selling the tower that blocked, putting it nearby again (thinking "surely now the location is right. Right?") to make a decent maze.
    You should also add water towers and a water zone in general (amphibious creeps would be a nice idea with this) too add more variance, if you want of course.
    Overall I really like this map :)

8. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll make 2 extra mini games and choose them by random(still only for multiplayer). It might not be in the next update, but at least in the one after that. Right now I think the both games will be using the same missile bounce skill used in the current minigame, but with another focus.

With visible path you mean a visible antiblock unit? Not sure what you mean by 1 man line either :) But yes, you have to be careful where you place your buildings.
    Besides the triggered antiblock unit spawned before each wave, I could give each egg an ability to spawn an antiblock unit to check if you block(a unit looking like the antiblock unit, but doesn't give warnings) to help the players detect if they are blocking.

In the newest update I added a Wyrm Tower that can be placed in water(changing its damage type to chaos if placed in water). I might add more water towers later.
    The movement type amphbious causes some problems because they can't stand, walk or attack close to each other. This will make creeps attack towers even if you are not blocking the path and you are leaking more than 2-3 creeps to the egg.

9. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hai I didn't know you posted this map on HIVE.
    I played it a few months ago (So and older version) and I have to say I had a very good time! The concept is unique from any other TD iv'e ever played and I thought there was something very satisfying about picking a pre-defined area and building from it. It felt kinda like building your own little base mixed into the tower defense. The towers are feel good to use. Also the mini-game was a nice break from the traditional gameplay and TBH the mini-game is actually pretty darn fun. I love this map!
    Though it requires some work (I haven't played your current version so maybe these issues are addressed) The whole thing revolving around wood seemed kinda pointless, some areas are clearly better building spots than others (the spiral in the bottom left is really strong) and I was able to beat the whole game using only 2 multishot towers (I forget their in-game name). These are very small issues that I hope you fix, because I can't wait the jump into another game of this! Keep up the excellent work man!

10. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The concept and the "feel" that you are describing is just what I am going for. So thank you. If its some months ago, then alot has been added and improved. You can see the changelog to see the added content.

The idea with lumber is to upgrade your opponents creeps so the game becomes competetive. This also gives some variation to the game as you should deside which upgrade is best against your opponents towers and come up with a strategy to get peons early. In the version I am working on right now your income increases with a few gold based on the amount of lumber you use on creep upgrades. If you have beaten the game with just two lightning towers(multi tower) then your creeps have not been upgraded by opponents.

In regards to the area spots I'm always trying to update the terrain so the weak areas get a small improvement. There are many good areas and the spiral at the bottom is one of them, but it is not as strong as it seems for new players. It is an easy area to build from and exploit even for new players, but other areas are just as good or even better when you learn how to use them. It's not unusual that new players think I'm building at the best area n the map...and I change my area very often :)

11. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Have you ever though of adding a DDS? That way when a creep is damaged you could detect for which player the creep was meant and which player attacked it, therefore if it's not the same player, the creep takes no damage (would also require to store the units).
    That way you could increase the number of players.

12. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've added a DDS in one of the first versions to get the gameplay a better performance. It could also increase the number of players, but more than 9 players would be too much for this map size. If not 8.

However, if the DDS only can be used when a creep takes damage, then players could one shot creeps meant for other players and get the bounty. Towers like Lightning Tower(Multi shot) and Demon Tower(immolation) could also give some problems.

In my experience some players wanna cheat by killing other players creeps. Right now they can't and I like to keep it like that :) Maybe it can be done with the DDS

13. dhungsttt

dhungsttt

Resources:
    Resources:
    Favorite map at the moment ;)

14. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks. I've had a break from the map for some months now after getting my first job after my studies, but I'm starting to develop the map again.

15. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    New version of the map. For the next update I will focus on creating more minigames.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  16. SlumberTurtle

SlumberTurtle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, just a quick question.

When upgrade "increase end of round gold by 2" after I upgrade "increase end of round gold by 100%", is this +2 affected by the increase by 100%?

17. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi SlumberTurtle. The two end round gold upgrades do not stack.

18. SlumberTurtle

SlumberTurtle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh...

19. SlumberTurtle

SlumberTurtle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I just played solo and won the game (took me a few days to win this for the first time). I made a Youtube video. The video is a replay.
    The game is very fun and very hard to beat solo. I will try different towers and locations and strategies.

Egg Abilities:shadow, snow, ice.

5 of the Max towers: druid, demon, shaman, shadow elemental and a second shadow elemental

number of peons: 2

Edit:

1. I played again at the spiral mountain but I built 2 druid and it became easier ( no shaman this time); two druid towers were next to each other;
    2. I played at the bottom left corner, it is easier to win than the spiral mountain, but the tower placement is harder; here is a video:

egg: wind, water, ice;
    tower: druid, druid, demon, shadow, shadow.
    3. Now the 3rd location where I beat the game
    Here is also a video:

egg: wind , ice, water
    tower: druid, druid, demon, demon, demon.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  20. GamerSmurf

GamerSmurf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great videos SlumberTurtle! The first two where using a variation of the placements I have tried yet. And I have played each location alot.

When using aoe towers like Demon and Druid towers it can be very strong to place them close like you do in the third video.

If you want more challenges you can always try new locations or try to beat the game with more peons :)

If you find a location you don't think is possible to win the game just message me. Then I'll try to beat the game at that location(if I can't I'll make the location better)