• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA2 Is now Region Locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello

I heard dota will apply some sort of region lock. I am wondering, can you guys queue at far servers and find match in AP mode? I tried US East server (85 ping) and couldnt find match for 4 hours (reached the cap of 99minutes timer). I am wondering, are you guys @EU able to find match in US East and vice versa?

I am at UK here and I could not find any match in US, but I could find a match in SEA server. I did not manage to even enter chinese perfect world servers. All I know is that console command will be needed to queue there, but I did not manage to get a username (a phone number is needed and it did not accept my UK number, apparently it has to be chinese number)

I already know about soft region lock that happened earlier, meaning that if 3 servers are selected, one being with 100+ ping, only the others with ping lower than 100 will be selected, and the higher ping server will be ommitted from the search. Furthermore, if all servers are 100+ ping, then only the lowest Ping server is selected, and the others are omitted.

you can see some valve employee post about new match making algorithm here in reddit Did the region lock get reverted? • r/DotA2

Status
Not open for further replies.