- Jan 22, 2010
Yes, Doppelwalk is a typo. Sorry.
I'm pretty sure some of you play DotA.
I'm trying to make a Dopplewalk-style spell.
Now, the problem is, when the dummy unit is created, it doesn't cast the illusion spell.
When I made the spell, I thought that there is no possible way to order a dummy to cast the Item Illusion abilty, since there is no command for that. I then tried changing the Order String - Activate and the Order String - Turn on to heal so when I needed to cast the spell, I could just order the cast by the Human Priest - Heal function.
Well, it didn't work. So now I'm wondering how I can do it.
Also, how do I refer to the illusion the Dopplewalk spawns? Using what function call?
Anyway, here's my trigger:
- Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
- ((Ability being cast) Equal to Doppelwalk (1, 1 Position)) or ((Ability being cast) Equal to Doppelwalk (1, 2 Position))
- Set DoppelwalkCaster = (Casting unit)
- Set DoppelwalkPoint = (Position of DoppelwalkCaster)
- Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Triggering player) at DoppelwalkPoint facing Default building facing degrees
- Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DoppelwalkPoint)
- Set DoppelwalkDummy = (Last created unit)
- Unit - Add Doppelwalk (Dummy) to DoppelwalkDummy
- Unit - Order DoppelwalkDummy to Human Priest - Heal DoppelwalkCaster
- Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to DoppelwalkDummy