• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Doppel Walk Positioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yes, I searched the forums and found a simillar thread but nevertheless, it was remained unaswered.

So here's the prob
I want to make a spell simillar to Dota's Doppel Walk, which is a spell that turns your casting hero invisible while simultatiously replacing it with a clone. This spell is meant to be done perfectly as to confuse the enemy player while the caster runs away unseen.

For this to work, the clone should appear exactly where the original hero is standing so my problems start here.

I used windwalk and added a dummy unit that casts an edited wand of illusion spell that has 0 AoE and 0 Casting Range. It works, except that the illusion wont appear exactly in the position of the casting unit.

Any ideas?

I tried setting collision to off, delaying the windwalk effect so that the wand of illusion effect wont collide with the already windwalked unit; but both dont work. The clone still appears beside the hero and not where the hero is.

Level 6
Spawn a unit? How do you spawn an illusion? I nid it to be a clone and not a dummy unit because this spell going to be used by multiple units; so i cant refer a dummy unit with a certain model for every unit in my map.

Ghost ability? Can u explain more? Do I add that on the clone or on the caster or do i create an event that controlls illusion? the only way i know is by waiting for the spell to be cast then selecting clone units....but that would collide with other clone units in the area.

Level 11
Try this:

In the 'Unit starts the effect ...' trigger, just store the caster into DWCaster, create the dummy, and order it to cast Wand of Illusion.

An create an other trigger:
Event -
-Unit enters Playable Map Area
Cond -
-(Unit type of Triggering Unit) is equal to (unit-type of DWCaster)
-(Triggering Unit is an Illusion) equal to true
Action -
-Set Triggering Unit's position to (Position of DWCaster)

I hope it's clear and helps! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.