• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Does anyone here played, or have played, LoTR maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are four on battle net, and while they aren't perfect, they're the best made diplo map period on battle net. While more may come over time, these are the best we have right now, although I think they're pretty good.

So, what's your opinion? Are they the best thing that ever happened to you? The worst thing on battle net? Or something in between?

I haven't played any LotR maps and honestly I'm not sure I want to see Gondor Marines shooting Hydralisk back-spines, or do those maps have a set of custom models? What type are they, anyway?

The Lotr maps are the only good diplo maps on battle net. the game does use starcraft 2 models, im sure you can overlook it if you want to play diplo maps(and badly) like me. I am in the process of even making my own diplo maps(though I won't get into that now). Its really a problem when the system favors tugs and tds, very simple maps, while disfavoring lotr and games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.