• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

dmg area from facing unit, stumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want my games fighting system, to instead use the click auto attack, to use a spell that activates a trigger to dmg the area in front of a unit.

All I have right now is a spell that does no dmg but shows the normal attack animation, but without the dmg. For a spin attack I can always use a stomp like spell and just change the spell animation to attack animation.

Sorta like
Unit finishes casting a spell
Spell equal to slash
Dmg area at position of unit offset -,- but it needs to know the units facing so its always does dmg in front of unit, not behind,sides.

If theirs a similiar spell around, pls share a link. I use custom spells rarely so I dont have a good idea of whats buried in the spells section.

Level 29
  • Actions
    • Set CasterPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set DamagePoint = (CasterPoint offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)
    • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 40.00 at DamagePoint, dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_CasterPoint)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_DamagePoint)

Level 7
Ah that fixed it, it loads pefectly, but one last error, it wont damage the nuetral hostile peasant in front of me, raised diameter to 500 and hes still standing lol.
Is their only certain units affected by damage that is just (Caused)

Lol, trigger was disabled from earlier :D, my bad. *Problem Solved, trigger works flawlessly*

Thanx Ghostwolf

Status
Not open for further replies.