• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divine's Computer Problem Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Ok, a couple of months ago I posted a thread about my computer that it sounded loud and sometimes had the urge to shut down.

But that's not the case here this time.. because this time it's different, way different.

If you start up your computer you get the usual black screen with white letters thing right? Well the strange part comes now: Every I start up my computer, it'll shut down within 5-1 minute. I don't even got the moment to come to the blue Login/Welcome screen. To summarize the problem: I can't even turn my damn computer on without shutting down.

I got some theories about my problem:
- A broken power thingy.
- Worse than that; A broken motherboard.

I don't need tips about what kind of hardware I need to buy, I just need to know if you guys know some answers for my problem, I can handle the rest myself.

Oh and, just to be clear: I work on an alternative and more older computer.

And edit: I hate it when some of my keys don't work. cv

Level 4
Clean the dust from your comp. Athlon 3000+ should go about 35-40 degrees at boot. And don't forget to scrub off the old remnants of thermal paste on your CPU and put a new layer.

Level 15
Go into your BIOS by pressing the DEL (or F2?) key and monitor the temperatures and voltages there. Leave it sitting in BIOS for a little while and see if it still shuts down.

Level 34
Ok good news, and your thing didn't work Samur-no-wai'd.

I just replaced the cooler with a new one, seemed to be that the heat regulation paste under the old fan got messed up, but I replaced the whole lot just in case.

Case closed and so for this thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.